Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

copy_of_DTR.doc

p.s. i have left an example of the entries i put in there incase ur lost with it all like i was at first lol.

Jen xxx

if this dont work... ill have to copy and paste the titles and im afraid u will have to make ur own table

here goes:

FIRST HEADING: situation -- Note situation or thought/recollection leading to unpleasant emotion

SECOND HEADING: emotion -- 1. Note type of emotion (sad, anxious, angry etc) 2. Rate intensity of emotion (0-100)

THIRD HEADING: automatic thought -- 1. Write automatic thought 2. Rate belief in automatic thought (0-100)

FOURTH HEADING: alternative thought -- 1. What’s another way of viewing the situation? 2. Re-rate belief in automatic thought (0-100)

FIFTH HEADING: outcome -- 1. Note type of emotion 2. Re-rate intensity of emotion (0-100) 3. What further action can I take?

USE IT HOW U WISH --- I HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU AS MUCH AS IT WORKED FOR ME -- i only used it for a couple of weeks, but it gave me enough insight into my phobia to calm my anxiety down .. i.e. stopping it being an IRRATIONAL fear.. because i used this table to eliminate irrational fears and only allow rational fears to intrude my brain lol..

Jen xxxx

Edited by: Jenneh
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

could you peeps please do me a favour and tell me if you can/cant see this table...

i know sage cant...

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I can see it fine, Jenneh.

Sage, what software are you trying to open it with?

It doesnt work for me! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]Which is a shame becuz it sounds really useful!

Rachel xxx

ok... wil go awy and try and find another way of getting it on here... hmph...

Jen xxx

---- SEE ORIGINAL POST ----Edited by: Jenneh

MSN:

It's ok now, Jen. My computer must have done something weird the first time.

What a helpful journal! This is classic cognitive therapy at its best. Keep it up! (And I'd encourage others to try it - however it works best in a therapy setting when you have someone to help with it/sort it out/reflect on it/put it in perspective.)
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.