Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey everyone!!!

I have missed you guys SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO incredibly much!!! NEVER take 12 hours of classes, pledge for a service fraternity and accept the presidency of an organization all in one quarter (10 weeks)while juggling OCD, emet, etc. WHEW! I am SOOOO tired! But I am glad I finally have time to talk to you guys! I have missed you so, as I said!!

How have you all been? I've been doing good. As you can see, pretty busy. But thank goodness summer is finally here! I need the rest!!!

Anyway, I'll skip straight to the triumph part, since this is probably all very boring lol!

*****Warning: MAY BE GRAPHIC*********

So like I mentioned above, I pledged for an on-campusservice fraternity, Alpha Phi Omega, this spring, and got in! YAY! Today we had our annual banquet. I got all dolled up and got my hair and make up done (I felt sooooo pampered lol! I'll post some pictures in the album later.) Anyway, so today was banquet and I had a great time, except for one thing. Every year they have some sort of ritual in which they mix adrink together for everyone to drink, each year adding some gross secret ingredient to the drink, so it's all one big nasty drink full of who knows what. Well, APO has been around since like 1990 on my campus, so that is ALOT of mixed ingredients in that drink of God knows what! It looked and smelled horrible! Anyway, we were all supposed to drink it. None of us did...especially not me! But the new president had to drink it (as part of tradition) and CHUG the ENTIRE pitcher of it! Now I was already nervous about this idea, you probably know why. After she (the pres.) had her glass of "special punch," she gagged several times. I of course was freaking out at this point, and I moved toward the back of the room, ina corner, farther and farther away from the "action." Well theneven after that, everyonecoerced her into chugging the ENTIRE PITCHER of mystery drink, and she did it, holding her nose. She had to stop several times, and she gagged/heaved like 4 times, each time I looked away, but I couldn't help but look just to make sure no v**** was going on. But seeing her gag was just horrible for me! My goosebumps had goosebumps!!! I myself was sickened and terrified to death!!! Anyway, she got to the bottom of the pitcher and suddenly put the pitcher down and I look up and she is runningout of the hall, holding her mouth. Everyone knew what was happening, and I of course was probably as white as a ghost! I wondered: did she v* on the carpet of the hall? Did she make it to the bathroom? I vowed not to use the restroom for the rest of the night, and I didn't! But GOODNESS guys, I was TERRIFIED!!! Although it never happened in the room, and although she ran out in time, I DID NOT know what to do! Everyone else found it somewhat amusing, but not me! Even thinking about it makes me feel sick!

Anyway, the triumph part comes in later. After she came back from the restroom, I asked her if she was okay. (I was one of the first ones to ask her.) I may have partially done that out of selfish reasons....or emet reasons, but I HAD to know! Then later on in the night (muuuch later), I took a picture with her--which may not sound that big of a deal, but I usually have this thing about not wanting to touch anyone who has recently v* in like the past few weeks lol. But I did. I hugged her and took a picture with her. Also, Iaskedher to hold my camera once and take a picture of me and my other friend. Now I know she's not contagious, and I sound horrible for saying things like that, but for me that was a HUGE HUGE HUGE GINOURMOUS deal!

<FONT color=#cc0099 size=2
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YAY, Neha! Congratulations! I'd say that's definitely a triumph! Why someone would want to chug nastiness (emet or not) is beyond me but she did and you handled it very well. I think about when I first came to this site and how much you've grown and I'm so proud of you! Keep rockin!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

way to go neha!!! [img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]
    ♥Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

Good to hear from you Neha!!

That is a big accomplishment, that stuff must have been real gross! I don't get why they make you do nasty things to be in a fraternity. [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]Anyways big congrats on handling that so well!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Thank you guys! You always make me smile and cry at the same time lol!

You know, I don't know why they make you do that nasty stuff! Ick! I thought this would be a bit different since this is a co-ed service fraternity, but I guess chugging nasty stuff is a staple for any fraternity/sorority!

*~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

well done

That sounds so scary. I've been through similar situations, but find that once the panic wears off, I'm usually really okay because I know what caused the v* and it is nothing I can catch.

What really freaks me out when someone is s* is the possibility of catching it and becoming s* myself.

Take comfort, "at least you won't catch it!!"

Hey Neha!

Awesome to hear from you! We've missed you around here [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Ugh that sounds horrible...why anyone would want to chug that is beyond me, but you handled it amazingly!

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Thanks guys!

I have missed you guys SOOO much!!!

Oh and Anya, I added you to my facebook!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

You did well hun. And it's good to see you back on the forum. I missed you!!!
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

*Hugs*

Hey Hale!

Thanks! And congratulations!!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!