Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Yesterday morning, my husband diarrhea. Then this morning my husband asked me if I heard him being sick in the middle of the night (vomiting and diarrhea). Thankfully I didn't! Then he just called me from work to tell me he was sick again. He says he feels OK, though, and he doesn't think it's anything contagious. He sometimes gets diarrhea when he takes too much Advil. Do you think it could be a stomach virus?

Quote Originally Posted by halfoverthefur
    Yesterday morning, my husband diarrhea. Then this morning my husband asked me if I heard him being sick in the middle of the night (vomiting and diarrhea). Thankfully I didn't! Then he just called me from work to tell me he was sick again. He says he feels OK, though, and he doesn't think it's anything contagious. He sometimes gets diarrhea when he takes too much Advil. Do you think it could be a stomach virus?
    Ibuprofen (Advil) makes a lot of epople sick. It gave me terrible stomach cramps and n*, so I stopped taking it.

<P>I don't know if he has an sv but it doesn't sound too good.

Just keep things clean and your hands away from your face and you should be fine.

Hope he feels better soon!!

I hope it's just the Advil. He had diarrhea yesterday morning, and then went all day without it until late last night. Then this morning he ate 2 doughnuts and then got sick. Lately he says coffee has been making him feel sick. I'm pretty sure he has acid reflux, so maybe it's just that.

Hubby just called again. Now he says he feels like crap and is having diarrhea again. I have to pick him up from work later, and it's about a 45 minute drive. How am I going to do this?!?![img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

You are going to take the long way home (meaning the way home that isn't the interstate so you can stop at bathrooms in case he needs an urgent stop) and bring him something in the car to help settle his stomach (maybe some meds or sprite or something).

Reflux can cause V* in some people. He probably just ate something that didn't agree with him or it could be something as simple as stress. He could also have a SV.I would worry more about just getting him home and comfortable. Let him take care of himself as much as he can and do whatever he will let you do to help him.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh goodness...I am so sorry....i know that ride is going to be the worst.....i don't know what to tell you except just do some deep breathing and pray....that he will be ok on the ride home. I will be thinking about you....let us know how is in later...good luck.K
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Thanks for your support. I have just been through so much lately, I don't think I could possibly handle being sick. I just had surgery 2 weeks ago, and now I might have asthma. I have definitely been praying, and finding comfort with that. I went around sanitizing all door knobs and handles, etc. this morning, and I am trying to be very conscious about not touching my face. I will keep you updated.

Hmmm...to me it sounds like he might have a sv*. If you don't feel good, v* and d* are usually a good sign for a sv*. Why did he go to work? I think he should've stayed home in case he is contagious cause now he is just passing it around to other people. Could be acid reflux...but my mom has that, and she has never v* from that. My guess sv*. Stay home from work and sleep. What state are you in?

I live in New York. My mom has acid reflux, and she often wakes up at night and vomits. He really doesn't think it's a stomach virus. He says you can just tell. I hope he is not just saying this to make me feel better. He must have felt fine enough to go to work and even ate 2 doughnuts on the way. He says he hasn't thrown up since then, and he is drinking water and keeping that down.

I am so sorry that you are going through this...it sounds like you are handling it very well though. We are here for you..

I just went to pick him up, and nothing has happened since then. He only vomited once last night and once this morning, but has had a lot of diarrhea. He thinks it could be from the chicken he ate last night. It was frozen chicken, and I thouht that was already precooked, but he thought it looked a little pink.

Well, maybe it was just the chicken, or his stomach could have just been off, not for sure a sv...ya know...some people like myself just get a funky stomach sometimes and feel horrible and it's not a sv...just an upset stomach....i don't think it always has to be a sv of some sort. I always get the d with mine though...and feel horrible rotten for a day or two and then it's done...so maybe this is what's going on with him...i think you are going tobe fine.....you did a good job picking him up....i would have freaked out on that too....but you did...keep us posted on how you both are...K
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Well, later he informed me that lately he has been taking 4 Advil with 4 Aleve every morning and then again at night. That might be the problem. You are only supposed to take a maximum of 3 Aleve a day, and you should never take it with Advil. He hasn't been sick at all since yesterday morning and even ate pizza last night. I'm still scared, though.[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

Well, later he informed me that lately he has been taking 4 Advil with 4 Aleve every morning and then again at night. That might be the problem. You are only supposed to take a maximum of 3 Aleve a day, and you should never take it with Advil. He hasn't been sick at all since yesterday morning and even ate pizza last night. I'm still scared, though.

How long has he been taking the meds like this? So much could cause him to have an ulcer. Kim

I guess it's been a couple of weeks. I gave him some of my Prevacid today to see if that helps him.