Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Welp this evening I was at work, and a customer came in to the cutting counter (I work in a fabric store), and she came up to me and she said she had eaten at red lobster and thought the food was poisoned because she felt real sick. I was like oookay, and handed her the bathroom key real quick, and yeah she was in there a good bit. So she comes back out and hands it to me, and wanted me to help her find a fabric, but I wasn't really frraked much. Maybe its because I knew I couldn't get it though the thought crossed my mind what if it was really a sv. But it didn't really bother me. I even took her over to the fabric and helped her match something, and she didn't seem like she was in any real bad sorts. Some people I guess can handle feeling sick okay.

Good for you![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Isn't retail the worst? You're totally forced to be around these people because you cant easily run out of your store. At my job the other day, a woman came in with her two daughters the littlest one was sitting on the floor under a clothes rack and I heard her say her throat hurt and her head too. The mom was like "maybe you're getting a little bug" and continued to shop around... A LITTLE BUG? I would be hauling my kids right home the minute they said they didn't feel well. I got news for ya lady... If you kid v*s on my floor... you're cleaning it up!
    instant messenger-aggiecrafts

Everything happens for a reason

Yeah working in retail can definately have its trials. Sometimes I work the register, and this older man comes in our store sometimes and I've been on the register twice when he was there, so inevitably he comes to my register (mine is the only one open, since I work evenings its usually not busy at all), and he will ask if I have time for a riddle (erm yea there's no one behind you in line mister, and I can't exactly run away, so I have to say yes to you), so I have to say "yea" and he says "whats the difference between my wife and gf?" and I try and not look at him, I don't want him thinking Im real interested (which I am not), and just shrug, and hes like "60 pounds", and Im thinking 'okay yea get away from me', I told him this better not be the truth, and he says no, but man some people are so freaky! And of course you have to be nice. Yea people are a trip.

Ycuk- that man sounds a bit creepy. And really, that joke is not funny.
    I'm sure he is harmless though. I had a man talk to me like that in the
    store once when I was with my baby daughter. I think he was about 80
    yrs old and he just kept talking to me and telling me jokes like that. Then
    he started patting my back and I wanted to SCREAM, but what can you
    do? He was probably harmless too, but I did not want him touching me.

Good job at keeping your composure! [img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]