Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Before I tell you my story, I want you to know that I am more scaired watching *it* happen than actually catching it. (Although catching it would be one of my worst nightmares too.)

*This could be graphic.* (Just letting you guys know.)

Okay. I went on a vacation with my family to Disneyland for my birthday. At first I was kind of scaired because... Hello, fast rides, junky food, are you catching my drift? But, I went anyway and I was really doing great. I didn't have any panic attacks or anything! But a vacationcouldn't be that perfect. I was waiting on the curb for the perade to come and my mom and some other lady with her kids were enjoying a conversation. I am a very alert person and I can't really zone out, think of other things, or even daydream for that matter. (I really wish i could!) There was no one elese to talk to, do I kind of had to listen in on them. They talked for 45 minutes about how they saved up to send there children on a vacation, how their children were growing up to fast and thingd like that. Than, (to my horror,) she started talking about how her young son had the flu right before they went and they thought he wouldn't be able to go. I was slightly scaired, (okay, I panicked.) and i franticly started scooting over(we were sitting on the sidewalk.) The only problem was that I am not old enough to go walking away from mmy mom by myself. my mom impatiently told mme tosit back down. (She really doesn't understand my emet.) I sat down and tried really hard not to think about it. I tried pulling out a book to read to try to put my mind off. Is it sad that I carry a 679 page novel with me to theme parks? Answer: yes. But even a book couldn't get my mind off things. Than, (just my luck.) the boy v***. His mom rushed him over to the garbage can while i just stood there.The weirdest thing was happening to me. I wasn't scaired. I could see it, hear it happening, I could even smell it. (Okay now I am sounding gross) But I wasn't scaired for the first ime in my life.

So now your wondering, where's the pitfall?

Well a week after we left I caught it. The worst part about it was that I didn't actually v***. I just felt horribly n* for about a week. All my fears were back. My act of bravery was just a one time only thing.

Thanks for reading and listening. Telll me if anything similar happened to you guys.
    Sora: Riku, you\'ve been hanging out in the darkness too long. You gotta try to think positive.
    Kingdom hearts II

Wow... what a story. Good on you for the triumph! So proud of ya!

Oooh sad to hear you caught it. Are you sure it was what that kid had? Ah well, you're over it, and you got through it without v*. Well done! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Hon, that is a triumph that you weren't scared at the time it happened.

And I hope it'll make you feel better emotionally that the odds are high that you didn't catch anything the boy had a week later. That's a long incubation period, and stomach viruses would come on faster.

You probably caught it somewhere else. Or your anxiety just made you feel nauseated for a while. I really don't believe you got anything from the kid vomiting near you, so don't allow that experience to increase your fears, o.k.?

Good job Luna! My family went to Disney last year and I saw a young boy v* after getting off a ride. Ruined the rest of the day for me (if fact, I can still visualize the whole thing a year later!).... you were so much braver!

Don't sweat the "pitfall". You know what they say - one step forwards, two steps back. You did great!

Yes you did a great job! And like the others said it probably wasn't the same thing that the boy had.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!