Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Hello everyone

This is my first post on the forum so I'd just like to say hi[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]!

I have suffered from Emet for almost 16yrs[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img], I am married and as we speak TTC (trying to conceive[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]) Something that makes me very happy and very scared too!! I am not as yet Pregnant but am thinking into detail about the possibility of morning sickness and how I'll cope with the situation if or when it occures?, I want a baby very much but the Emet pulls on my reins a little bit[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img], So I was wondering if anyone else on the forum has been or is pregnant and how did or are you coping with it? any advice?.

Hopefully also if or when I do finally fall Pregnant I am hopeing for a support group to turn to in a crisis and I'm hopeing you guys will be about for some major moral support[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]. loads of thanks in advance and look forward to chatting to you all, PM's are always welcome as well as replies. Thanks xx[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

welcome to the group !!!

ive had 2 children and i always found sea bands from boots really helpfull

eat little and oftern [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hi Tiggers,

Emetophobic people don't vomit during pregnancy. They get nauseous sometimes, but they don't get sick. It's some sort of brain-control. The anxiety just overrides the vomit trigger or something. So don't worry! (I have 3 grown kids btw) Lots of people on here have been pregnant, so you'll get lots of support.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bandnerd=two kids=no v*

Plenty of anti-emetics however.........I was very sick with one, but managed.

Good Luck!!

Check back on the old threads, there's loads of stuff on pregnancy and sickness. Sage is right, very few emets v*. I've had two kids - no v*! Quite a bit of nausea but if you eat little and often, it really helps. I would have biscuits by the bed and nibble one before getting up in the morning, then the rest of the day you just need to make sure your stomach doesn't get too empty.

Welcome to the site!

Welcome to the site! I'm pregnant right now (almost done - yay!)and did not have mroning sickness. I would get a little n* every now and then, but as long as I ate often I was fine. Like suze said there are a lot of old threads on the topic, but feel free to PM me with any questions. Good luck and have fun! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Welcome~ Can't give you any advice 'cause I'm only 16 but welcome. ;D
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

Thanks so much for all your replies and advice xx[img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img].

Welcome, Tiggers! I have two boys and wasn't sick with either of them, though I did feel queasy if I got too hungry. Not everyone gets morning sickness - do you know if your relatives got it?

There are lots of mums and mums-to-be here, so you'll have loads of support when you need it. Good luck!

Hi Tiggers, Welcome. I have two kids, and did not v* in either pregnancy. It is quite possible to have a v* free pregnancy. I'll echo the advice to eat small meals frequently. And keep lots of crackers and things like that around to munch on.

hi tiggers

i have two kids no v* bit n* at times eating little and often worked good luck

lyndsayanne