Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Being sick at home alone?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • being sick at home with other people?

1 0.68%
  • being sick in someone elses toilet?

2 1.37%
  • being sick on public transport?

5 3.42%
  • Being sick in public anywhere?

21 14.38%
  • Feeling sick without being sick?

0 0%
  • Getting food poisining?

6 4.11%
  • Getting a virus?

10 6.85%
  • Anti-emets not working?

1 0.68%
  • Someone elso being sick around you?

17 11.64%
  • All of the above?

88 60.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Hi! I made this poll just out of interest as I know I have a 'worse case scenario' and I just wanted to see what was common for other emets?

its everything for me!!! i just hate it full stop. some situations are slightly better than others on the above, but i would freak out if any of them occured.

I said on public transport, as all of the other situations are still controllable.. I wouldn't like it to be anywhere else in public either, but would try to run to a place like an alley way if poss where no one could see me..

Having a virus or food poisoning would be awful too, but would depend how long it lasted and how severe it was etc!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

OTHER: For me, my worst fear is in V* blood. I am petrifed of it more than anything!!!
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

For me, v* and not being able to stop...This may sound really stupid, but I am afraid of having v* and d* at the same time...I am more afraid of how I would handle the d* in a public place. V* to an extent in public is understandable, but d*?? what the heck to you do?? I am more worried about having a d* accident somewhere in public than to v* in public.

I put all of the above because I fear all of them, what I fear the most is precipitate (Sp? Right Term?) Vomiting. That's where you vomit just all of a sudden like with no warning signs or symptoms. It happens with Norwalk I think...also if you see something really nasty or you get hurt or something and then all of a sudden vomit. I'm terrified of vomiting without the general "warning signs" if that makes any sense.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Personally, my worst fear isn't necessarily someone being sick around me (because I could always leave the situation, especially if in public), but someone being sick on me, my stuff, or in our apartment, and me needing to deal with the situation.

As bizarre as it sounds, I think my fear is of vomit itself; not doing the act myself, sickness, etc.

*amber*

I'm most scared of being sick while being on my own...that option doesn't appear to be up there.

Failing that, all of the above anyway, apart from feeling sick and not being sick...has happened a lot and is better than doing it!

Being sick in public anywhere is the worst case scenario for me. I can cope with being ill at home if nobody hears or sees me.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I put being sick in public. That is what defines my anxiety and panic attacks. When I am in public and start to feel sick or nervous, I freak out. This leads to avoidance and worry, and pretty soon I am afraid to leave my house.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

I would also have to add to the "worst scenario" options "havingyour child be sick." This scenario pits my phobia (self preservation??)against my maternal instinct and results in horrible guilt. I HATE it!

i really dont like vomiting but i think my worst fear is vomit itself. It's always in the back of my mind. My worst case scenario would have to be someone vomiting on me or on something important to me

Quote Originally Posted by chica_mc
    i really dont like vomiting but i think my worst fear is vomit itself. It's always in the back of my mind. My worst case scenario would have to be someone vomiting on me or on something important to me

Chica- I TOTALLY hear you. That is exactly my fear as well....I'm not a fan of vomitting (who is?), but don't really care if I do it myself. If someone else is sick in my comfort zone, anxiety THROUGH THE ROOF. The worst thing is that I have been vomitted on a few times while babysitting, and each time I thought "eww, this is SO GROSS", but didn't think that it was as horrible as I had pictured it in my mind. Yet, I am still afraid. Go fig.

*amber*

At night, if I think about being in an enclosed space with someone who is
    v*ing I get a panic attack and hyperventilate every time.

When I was a kid I did it in an elevator, and my brother did it in a camping
    tent. Nightmares...

Reading all this makes me think.....this phobia seems to come from a fear of public humiliation.Its really more like a social anxiety for usrather than a phobia. Being at home makes the emet so much more tolerable for me. In public I'm a mess, even in a hospital where the staff is used to people being sick. It's almost like, "people would think less of me if I were ever s* in front of them".

Maybe it's just me?

BandNerd

if i had to choose somewhere i'd ratherv* it would be outside..in the garden....
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

I put "all of the above". I hate every aspect of it. Though if one of the choices was "those last few minutes before you v*" I might have picked that. The anticipation terrifies me.

Quote Originally Posted by xroofusx
    if i had to choose somewhere i'd ratherv* it would be outside..in the garden....

if i could take a toilet outside i think i would be too, when i feel s* i am always pacing around the garden!

Monica, I'm with you on that! My worst fear in general is myself v*, but the specific one that really gets me is the sudden v* you hear about that comes with no warning at all. I've heard about this from media sources but also from two different people who it happened to. It horrifies me that something like that is even possible.

Girl Drummer

honestly all of them are making me a little N* just thinking about it...but if i had to choose one it would be the public one as well..

Edited by: loveable101
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

ps~im not to sure what you meant by the anti-emets not working one?? maybe im just too slow but could you explain??
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

Pretty much anything involving v*.

While I am not thrilled with the idea of myself vomiting (which I haven't in 31 years!!!), it could happen and I would have to deal with it, of course. What sets me over the edge of reason and into anxiety? Someone throwing up near me - in full view or within earshot, or actually on me. I think the latter would freak me out even more than anything. If someone were to get sick in front of or on me, I am not sure how I would react these days. I have acid reflux and gastritis and have been more nauseated lately, so I might get sick myself then, but let's hope it doesn't happen! However,if someone threwup in my house, but out of my earshot and in my basement bathroom I wouldn't care, but if I could hear it? It would bug me a lot.

I feel that i'm mostly scared of other people being sick around me. Probably because at least if it's yourself you get some kind of warning but if its others they could be sick at any time...especially if drunk.