Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: has having emetophobia ruined your life?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • sad

46 82.14%
  • isolated

10 17.86%

Thread: no life????

hi, there.

i personally have found that having this phobia has ruined mylife, in the sense that i no longer do what i used to be able to do. Makes me feel very sad and isolated from the world.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

post your vote if you feel sad, and if you feel isolated, i want to put more choices on there, but dont know how!!Edited by: charmed1
    take care and DONT EAT MINTS!!!! unless of course you want to end up looking like me!! The pic is me with dentures!! i actually have only 3 teeth left!!

When I sit and think about what life would be like with no fear of v*, I can actually feel my spirits rising rapidly. It must be the way lottery winners feel when they see their numbers come up. My career path would be totally different. (I'd probably have gone into nursing) I'd definitely have had more children. I wouldn't dread winter. So many things would have been different. And knowing that emet is the reason they're not.....that IS sad!

Emetophobia does make me sad sometimes as it has stopped me doing lots of things. It has stopped me going to university and having the career I wanted, but it definately has not ruined my life, as if I had gone away to University I would have never have met my wonderful husband and had my 2 beautiful children. Although I would love to be emet free, i still feel very lucky every day of my life and try not to think too much about "what if".

I said it makes me sad, it doesn't really isolate me that much. I choose to be working from home mainly as I don't like working for a boss and being around other bitchy girls etc in an office.

But I am not isolated as I realised this weekend- on Friday afternoon my boyf and i had breakfast in a restuarant and then went to watch the Da Vinci Code, on Saturday he took me to the theatre to watch The Producers, and then we went to an Indian Restuarant for dinner. So I realised that I still do 'normal people' things and emet only makes me sad or isolated when someone near me is ill. then I have to run and panic etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

I also put it makes me sad, but in some ways isolated. The thing that makes me most sad is that i find it so hard to eat and then from not eating i have no energy or motivation to do anything, and i just think how long is it going to go on for. I also went through a stage i wouldn't let anyone touch me, i couldn't hug my mum because i was to scared of touching other people from being so scared of getting germs. So i guess it makes me more sad then iscolated.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

I feel sad, but not isolated. I still do pretty normal activities, but I find myself having to "hold back" quite a bit. I teach and I enjoy being around others as part of my job.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

Emetophobia can make me sad, but only when it hits hard. Usually i'm pretty happy, and lead a normal-ish life

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I think that it makes me a tad bit isolated but I still get out and do normal things. I go to movies and resturants and hang out with friends. I mean I rarely EAT in front of my friends cause I'm always afraid that I'll get sick. Actually the only friend that I have right now...it took him 2 years before he saw me eat anything. I will only eat in front of my immediate family...I can't eat in front of other people...it's weird. I mean I'll eat out by myself but can't do it with people...and this behavior started to happen WAY before I was afraid of vomiting myself. But I isolate myself, by my behavior and mood, I could go make friends if I wanted to but I don't...so I don't know if that counts. I pretty much like to be alone.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

hi guys, im not exactly having a great time at the moment. feeling really low and lonely.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]i am having alot of trouble with my children, youngest in particular whos 4. I feel like i am on my own, and with all alot of added stress, it is playing havoc on my tummy, making me feel nausous. I am having bad thoughts and just feel like i have no-one to turn to. Im just writing this as im going along, saying how i feel. sorry to go on, i just need to get a load of if possible. i dont know anymore.
    take care and DONT EAT MINTS!!!! unless of course you want to end up looking like me!! The pic is me with dentures!! i actually have only 3 teeth left!!

hi

i would say sad aswell cos yes it has ruined my life and at the moment i think it has had a very bad effect on my childrens lifes i am leaving my relationship partly because of it and also thinking about leaving my boys with their dad as he can probably look after them better than i can at the moment and give them a more stable upbringing please do not judge me for leaving my kids it will kill me but if it is better for them then that is what has to be done

lyndsayanne

I'm sorry to read that this is path you feel you need to go. I don't have any kids, so I don't know what its like to be in your position, but I too left my bf of 7 yrs because I just didn't know what else to do (but there were quite afew issues between us). I would hate it if my actions (and fears)were emulatd by youngsters - I would want them as far away from me too.

I don't think any of us here would judge you, because living with these fears every day plays havoc with everything we do. I hope you find a way forward that is best for you and your family.

i;d say both !!! its not easy when you have kids and makes you feel very issolated at times and sadjust no getting away from it [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

i feel that the phobia did ruin my life for years...my life seems to be falling more into place, i have a wonderful fiance, a baby on the way, great job...although i still have horrible days to where i wish i never had the phobia or it would just go away!! but i dont think it ever will
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

Having this phobia has pretty much kept me isolated from the things i used to love to do or that I should do. I am always living in fear of what might or could happen.

I have met someone on another site that suffers just as bad a s me and finally it is very releivng to speak to someone who is just as bad. I have told her about this site, so hopefully she'll come on here. I havnt been too bad lately, had to travel to london last week, was absolutly petrified, took a tablet in the end because i started hypoventalating in the car, but at least i got there made and got home safley. Trouble is my new thing is, that if i feel nervy i dig my nails into the back of my neck, and now i have a load of scabs on it! thought id tell you that!

hope everyone is ok and i hope to hear from you soon.

Both....and that is sad!!!!!!!!!!!!! But not as much isolated.....i do go out and do things, and try to live as normal as i can...but there are times i can't...especially wintertime...it's the worst...i always hibernate way too much.
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I feel both sad and isolated... I've been dealing with this phobia for a long time now, and it has never affected me like this before. I used to be able to go out and do things, I just didn't eat. Now for the past 3 months i've been totally isolated from my family and friends. I just sit in my room and wish that I could magically get better. I really want to enjoy myself, but now i feel sick everyday and refuse to leave my house unless I'm going to work(which sometimes can be really hard to do as well..)

More than sad, I just get frustrated that it inhibits the things I do. Such as, whenever anything social is planned - like going out to a bar or a concert - I will plan so that I don't have drive home with people (b/c I'm afraid someone might drink too much and I'll be stuck in the car with them). In fact, I don't like to be in the car with anybody (except my husband and immediate family), or on a bus, train, or plane. Even if nobody is acting sick, if I'm in an enclosed space, I get nervous. So I guess I just get frustrated that I can be as laid-back and flexible as "normal" people about my life.

I feel that emets has made me loose contact with friends and stops me doing the things i used to enjoy. I used to feel very isolated until recently when i now feel i have a couple of good supportive friends and boyfriend.