Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Oh my gosh...EVERYBODY is getting sick with a weeklong stomach flu...
    Getting sick about once a day...sometimes more...for a stomach flu it was mild..but it lasted a whole week...

Any other ottawa folks who have seen this flu?..
    Any details about it?
    ~~~The One Winged Angel~~~

Are you hearing it on the news, do people you know or work with have it?
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Oh yes...one of my friends got it...and I was a little worried you never know it could be food poisoning...

A second friend got it...and was sick all week....just like the first friend...

Very odd virus btw:

Morning - very sick
    Afternoon - felt better
    evening - was fine
    Next morning - sick again

Also it was JUST vomiting...and only about once to twice a day...
    with extreme nausea...

That seems to be he same sickness pattern I've been reading about on this site, with the hubby's and kids. Geez, it sounds terrible!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I'm hopin I dont get it...lmao..it wouldnt be fun...
    It's too bad an emet hasnt had this...and told us what their mental resistance did to ease up the SV..

Cause I'd like to believe we have the power to make SV's alot easier then they can be...

GO EMETS!

I live in Ottawa, and my boyfriend is a nurse, and so far we havent hear or seen anything of it. A few weeks ago the ER was rockin' with a combo of everyone in Ottawa getting sick/hurting themselves/ODing, but that seems to have tapered off. Right now I have a really icky cold, but I am the only one that I know who is sick.

You are in highschool, correct? (Canterbury if I remember- I am moving just a few blocks away from there!). Could it be the fact that you are in close quarters, and not everyone is practicing good hygiene? Also, isn't your school year starting to wind down? Stress can make your immune system weaker, so you aren't able to fight off everything you would normally be able to. I also noticed when I was in highschool, a number of people cutting class near the end, due to being "sick" (ie- sick of school, or wanting to enjoy the nice weather....if it ever comes back! It's been nasty over here).

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

remember, just because someone reacts one way toa virus, doesn't mean you will do the same thing.

Its not the VIRUS making you sick. Its your body's defence system. Therefore, how you react to the virus is independant of anyone else.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

And well, I just have to put in something - Rather than saying "everyone's" getting something or using other extreme words like "everybody, everywhere, all" and so on, I think that we emets should be careful with our words [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]so as not to feed our perceptions that illness is "everywhere."

taner - It sounds like two of your friends are sick, rather than everyone around you. And it doesn't sound that strange that two people who are friends might pass a bug to one another.

oh my god...my friends mother in kanata...not at CHS...
    is sick now....

;___; I'm getting worried now...

*edit*

Also...they arent cutting classes sadly....for our drama exams it required us there..

the sick kids came to school and were being sick in the bathrooms...and they looked so sick.....its terrifying ;___;Edited by: taner

My sister lives in Kanata and she hasn't heard of any sickness going around. She has 2 kids under the age of 2 and if there is a rapid sickness going around they would get it for sure. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I think the worrying is doing more harm to you. Try to calm yourself down.

Quote Originally Posted by ontariogirl
    I think the worrying is doing more harm to you. Try to calm yourself down.

I couldnt agree more.

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

lmao..normally I would agree....but now im totally sick...
    Fever of 101F
    Headaches
    Total exhaustion
    NAUSEOUS
    dizzy...It was only a matter of time....(THANK YOU GRAVOL <3)

are you sure you're really sick and your not just "creating symptoms"? I think body temp can vary quite a bit. If it goes up more than that then I would worry.

ya im really sick...my throatis swollen (glands and stuff)
    I slept for 6 hours when I left school...
    and my stomach is really not pleasent...
    and my fever has spiked back up

How are you doing now? Its probably just a cold. Think about ALL the possible viruses this could be - there are so MANY!! ( and almost all of them don't relate to vomiting).

you might just be stressed. I know stress can make a person feel pretty shi**y.