Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So I finally outted myself at work about my emetophobia. I only did it because I sensed that everyone was weirded out by the fact that as soon as I hear, "so and so called in sick" I ask 30 million questions about why they called in.

Anyway, on Sunday the host of our show (I work for a tv shopping network) turned his mic off and sighed, "This is soooo boring and I am going crazy. I need a vacation.". To which I responded (I'm his PA), "Great. Where are we going?".

He said, "Let's rent a cruise ship and we'll all go on a month long cruise."

I gave him a funny look and said, "No way am I going on a cruise! Everyone knows that sv's seem to be attracted to cruise lines and spread liie wildfire! Are you trying to kill me? Do you want to watch me go totally catatonic?". He laughed.

So for me it is a triumph to be able to joke about my irrational fear of catching an sv and v*.

Im am able to larf and joke about this with my hubby (he calls me his little fruitcake/nutcase) and also with a woek colleague, we larf about my little feakiness, its whatkeeps me sane.

Laney xx

Its strange I am soooo afraid of myself doing it, but there are several HILARIOUS storied about my friend v*. I can listen to them and think that they are hysterical, but I am so afraid of it...go figure??? Its great that you are able to find humor in it, that's what helps get us through.

Absolutely Silver, my mum always says "sometimes you've got to laugh or you'll cry"

I like to have a laugh about my phobia and tend to be very tongue-in-cheek making jokes about myself and how I'm mad, etc. I think it helps to be lighthearted sometimes, especially because things can be scary - perhaps that is where I find my dark sense of humour!