Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Taylor is my pick since Elliot and Chris are gone. I just don't
    like Catherine's type of music. She should have been gone a long
    time ago.

What does everyone else think?

I would be fine with either of them! They were my two favorites from the beginning, so I'm happy either way! I do think that Katharine really messed up that last song so that might hurt her.......you never know what is going to happen!
    ~Mandi~

I agree with you about her last song. To me, as Randy says, it sounded "pitchy."

yeah, she was really flat throughout the whole thing, I think she knew it too.....plus the song was awful anyway
    ~Mandi~

TAYLOR!!!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

...................He gives me major "chills" whenever he sings!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Taylor although Elliot was my pick.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Chris was my favourite, altho I can sort of understand why he was voted off [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]as the other two guys are more versatile.

My hubby wants Catherine to win, I wonder why! I like her a lot, and I like her evenmore when she doesn't shriek at the top of her voice. Taylor's really grown on me too. It's been a real shame to see any of the last few contestants go as there were none Ididn't like - the horrible ones went early!!

I think Chris, Elliot, Taylor and Catherine will all do great whatever happens.

taylor to win all the way!!!! we have it on sky in the UK!

KAT is my pick!!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

SOUL PATROL!!!!!

(I wish I could vote!!)

I've loved him since the first time I saw him in the auditions. He was the only reason I got into the show. Then I was torn between him and Chris. I think Chris will do great on his own though!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LOL- someone asked this on another board I visit, and this was my response:

"Neither. I'm hoping for a giant asteroid to come blazing towards the Kodak Theatre and destroy the lot of them. All the plastic and chemical substances Paula Abdul has in her body will probably make her burn the fastest."

But if you enjoy it, have fun tonight Make some popcorn or something. I only get into it at the beginning when you see the really bad people...now not so interesting.

Then again, I think popular music attained perfectionin 1977 and it was all downhill since then, so what do I know

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah I agree with Amber, I could really care less who wins. The only time I actually watched American Idol was last year when I knew a guy who was on it. Then I fell in love with Carrie Underwood and actually voted for her. I have yet to buy her CD but I will when I get the money. Other then that I'm all for an asteriod killing them all. American Idol is REALLY stupid if you as me. But if you like it good for you, I'm sure there are A LOT of things that I like that you wouldn't like.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

oh for god sakes its just entertainment. at least that's how I see it. I know its stupid, but sometimes we all need a little stupidness in our lives[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I love carrie underwood - her cd is awesome - well worth the purchase - Its the only CD thats been on my player all month - besides the new dixie chicks cd released a few days ago.Edited by: Babydoll

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I didn't know this post was going to turn into an American Idol bash, I
    was just wondering and should have said I guess for those who DID like
    American Idol who they picked. That's really all the topic was
    about.

I'm glad Taylor won! I think he deserved it.
    ~Mandi~

cheer up a bit amber!!! the word 'Grouch' comes to mind!!???

Geez...What the hell is wrong with American Idol?? It's a fun show to watch. I love it. Music has not gone downhill since 1977. There are so many great bands out there. I like rock, so my favorites are Audioslave, System of a Down, Staind, Godsmack,Chili Peppers, Nickelback, Tool, and so many more. Anyway, between Kat and Taylor, I wanted Taylor to win, BUT Chris is my favorite.I can't wait for his CD to come out. GOCHRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE SO HOT.......[img]smileys/smilies_46.gif[/img]
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

American Idol is stupid --

And that's why I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by eivissa

LOL- I am so not a grouch (although I am still a bit teary that a massive asteroid DIDN'T smack right into the theatre- then I would have watched!)

I'm just not down with the idol franchise- hey, I made it perfectly clear in my post that if you like it power to you and have fun. Jus' not my bag. I am happier surrounded by my record collection- nothing sounds better than vinyl!~

*amber*

Quote Originally Posted by princessmel

Geez...What the hell is wrong with American Idol?? It's a fun show to watch. I love it. Music has not gone downhill since 1977. There are so many great bands out there. I like rock, so my favorites are Audioslave, System of a Down, Staind, Godsmack,Chili Peppers, Nickelback, Tool, and so many more. Anyway, between Kat and Taylor, I wanted Taylor to win, BUT Chris is my favorite.I can't wait for his CD to come out. GOCHRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE SO HOT.......[img]smileys/smilies_46.gif[/img]

I like rock as well, but I find that today's rock musicians work upon a constructed "rock" formula, and that there is very little originality, both in terms of lyrics and musicality. After awhile, I find that most current rock bands all blend into one another, and there is little distinguishable between each one; gravelly-voiced male lead singer, start of slow then build up to a crescendo, etc.

Here are my favourite "rock" bands:
    <UL>
    <LI>Led Zeppelin</LI>
    <LI>Heart</LI>
    <LI>Jimi Hendrix Experience</LI>
    <LI>Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers</LI>
    <LI>Lynyrd Skynyrd</LI>
    <LI>Pink Floyd</LI>
    <LI>Queen</LI>
    <LI>The Who</LI>
    <LI>Any band that had Eric Clapton</LI>[/list]

Some of my more "pop" favourite bands:
    <UL>
    <LI>Fleetwood Mac</LI>
    <LI>The Eagles</LI>[/list]

Yeah, I know I TOTALLY look like a 46 year old man trapped inside of a 24 year old woman's body complaining about today's "new fangled" music and romanticising the past.

The thing is, music is completely subjective, and what one person likes will be what another person hates, and vice versa. Princessmel, if you enjoy those bands that you mention, then keep enjoying them (LOL-like you weren't going to anyway), and if the American Idol fans enjoy the show, then dangit keep watching it. Just because someone else doesn't like it, it doesn't mean that there is something "wrong" with it, or they are criticizing you personally. People like different things- and I'm sure that people will have negative reactions to the bands that I enjoy. Hell, my boyfriend and I have a "music fight" everytime we are inthe car for more than 10 minutes, lol.

So....getting back to the topic at hand. For the idol fans who's favourite won- Congrats! For the idol fans who's favourite lost- you'll get 'em next year!

*amber*

I love Pink Floyd too and I also like Dave Matthews. There are so many others. Yeah. Rock may seem like it lacks originality, but if you truly love music and really get into it and just sit and listen(the drums, the different guitar riffs, how they play each), they are so much not alike. Rage Against the Machine is a perfect example. Great guitar player. I mustsound like a dork. Oh Well. I love music.[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by eivissa

Yeh, no kidding!!!!!!!!

This is fun stuff!!

My next CD to buy will definitely be Taylor Hicks!! WOO!!!!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Quote Originally Posted by crimgoddess

LOL- someone asked this on another board I visit, and this was my response:

"Neither. I'm hoping for a giant asteroid to come blazing towards the Kodak Theatre and destroy the lot of them. All the plastic and chemical substances Paula Abdul has in her body will probably make her burn the fastest."

But if you enjoy it, have fun tonight Make some popcorn or something. I only get into it at the beginning when you see the really bad people...now not so interesting.

Then again, I think popular music attained perfectionin 1977 and it was all downhill since then, so what do I know

*amber*

Hey this is California Girl's daughter I come on here and read some of the post sometimes I think it's great that people can come on here and talk about happy stuff let them be happy already !!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

.....since when did I say that people shouldn't/couldn't be happy? I even told the people who did enjoy it to have fun!

*shrug*

Just because one person (or in this case two people- myself and Monica) aren't into the show you don't have to take it personally- as I know my intention wasn't to bring anyone down. As some grungy guy on a commercial for Dr. Phil said, don't let it "harsh your mellow". LOL

*amber*Edited by: crimgoddess

LOL! My Mom is OBSESSED w/ this show! Congratulations to Taylor fans.

I watched it the first couple of seasons and like Amber I like the beginning when they have those awful singers that think they are Godsent lol. Other than that, I'm more of an America's Next Top Model or Surreal Life person. But to each his own. It's good to have a bit of distraction from emet and all the other craziness that goes on in everyday life.

Hey, Mel, I think Chris was hot too! I always see in the beginning who is hot lol. I thought Bo was hot last year! MMMM![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

so happy it was Taylor!!!!!! I wanted it to be Elliot but that didn't happen so I'm very very happy for Taylor. He deserves it!
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

I dont understand what you all see in taylor. He is fun to watch, but his voice really isn't better than a late night karaoke singer.

personally, I think something like acting would have been better for him, where people would actually see him as opposed to listening to his CD - which I wouldn't buy.

Do you all really think he's a good singer?

Kat, on the other hand, is a VERY talented singer. she may not have some of the "moves' that taylor has, but I think she's very unique in her style and her voice. Im very dissapointed she lost.

everyone is allowed to have their own opinion. amber is allowed to hate it, regardless of her reasoning. I do think though, sometimes, like a good soap oprah, we need some kind of stupid entertainment that doesn't require brain processing

LOLOLOLOL!!!! Here is a snippet taken from an article on MSN today about last night's show:

Highlight: Carrie Underwood and Clay Aiken making an appearance. See that, Kelly Clarkson! Some people aren’t afraid to remind people where they came from.
    Lowlight: Is that how Clay Aiken dresses now that he’s a big star? He resembled a college freshman coming back to impress the high school girls at homecoming. And do they not have hair stylists in North Carolina? He looked like a giant Swiffer.

GIANT SWIFFER! I love it!!
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

Quote Originally Posted by mjewell

Lowlight: Is that how Clay Aiken dresses now that he’s a big star? He resembled a college freshman coming back to impress the high school girls at homecoming. And do they not have hair stylists in North Carolina? He looked like a giant Swiffer.

GIANT SWIFFER! I love it!!

I was laughing at his hair last night! It also looked pretty greasy! He resembled Harry Potter sans glasses.

Ace looked pretty hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes, Taylor is a great singer!Edited by: californiagirl
    ~*~Charlene~*~