Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I have a problem with cars and a smooth suspension, it makes me more prone to get s*ck. Anyways, I rode in my grandfathers car, while my mother was driving, because her car was not working at the time. I sucked it up and rode to school.

It was okay, but then I noticed my stomach felt like it was doing little cartwheels and I looked over to my mom and said, "we should pull over". It got worse. Nothing painful, actually kind of weird. And so I just dry heaved about4 times, not actual vomit. I was so hungry around lunch time, I ate a huge italian sub [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img].

Laughing in between. I know call me weird lol, but I i just told myself outloud, "face your fear" and I just let my body do what it had to do. And it wasn't so bad. In fact, it felt like an epiphany had occured. I realized I can get through it, when its over, its over. Yes its uncomfortable, gross but it happens.

I didn't fight, because I realize, if I did, it made it worse.

So there goes my little motion sickness exprience.

I now know if I ever ride in a car or something like that, I'll get some dramine.

Good luck everyone and keep well

-Theresa

I'd say that's a wonderful triumph! Congrats! Well done!!
    I\'m not completely insane; I\'m just a little bit crazy.

hey roxy, what do you mean by smooth suspension? is that when you go over bumps and the card just kinda floats like a roller coaster instead of getting bumpy, so you kinda bounce? cause if that's the case I totally get nervous in a car like that!
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

^ Yes, I think that's what was meant.

At least that's what I percieve from it.

I hated riding in that car...*shudders* so many bounces and elevator drops.

roxystar that's awesome! congratulations!

There's no such thing a "mini triumph". You did great roxystar![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

~Luna

Sora: Riku, you\'ve been hanging out in the darkness too long. You gotta try to think positive.
    Kingdom hearts II

That's great! congrats
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's great to hear that, Theresa!

If I went through that, I probably wouldn't be able to eat again until about dinner time.
    ~ Natalie