Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: milkis?

has anyone had this drink before? It's a Korean drink I think.. but anyway, it comes in a can, like a soda.. I got one at a party last year... and since I had to leave the party, I just brought it with me and didn't open it.. but I brought it home and put it in the kitchen "for later" now a year later, I've found it again.. it expires on may 24, so five days from now... I'm wondering if it will still be good. I mean, it's been pretty hot here some days... but, the cans must be made to withstand heat. I don't want it to go to waste.. plus it looks interesting. and aren't expiration dates usually early anyway? they're usually labelled to go bad a few days sooner then the food would actually go bad.... so, what does everyone think? what are the chances of getting food poisoning from it? If they are not high, I think I'd want to try it...

What is it made with?

try it! (anyone else would...lol) They mean the dates, honest.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thank you my mom is saying I shouldn't drink it.. because it was left somewhere where the sun was hitting it a lot. but the only ingredient in it that looks perishable is skim milk powder.. that seems like a dairy. but would sun be able to make that go bad? I live in WA, the hottest its been has probably been around 95 degrees Farenheit....

I say go for it. Once opened, you would probably be able to tell if it's gone bad in any way. Besides, the "best before" dates are always conservative estimates- they have only recently began to show up on canned drinks.

"Milkis"....interesting. Will have to look for it next time I'm in Chinatown.

Mmm......now I'm craving Poky!

*amber*

my mom pretty much told me not to drink it, and it would be disgusting to drink it and something bad may happen to me if I did-_- she's not an emet, and she thinks it's stupid I have this fear. but I'm beginning to think, "no wonder I'm emet!" when she distrusts expiration dates and tells me the worst-case scenario stories so I won't try the food/drink.. I'm not going to try that drink now, I think I'd be too worried.. though I feel like such a jerk for wasting it v_v and blaming her for my emet....

I would have at least opened it. It can't hurt to smell it --- I'm a big smell person.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --