Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Last night I had a really vivid, horrible dream in which my mother died. I can't help but be a little bit freaked out, as I saw the exact place in the dream where she wrecked her car, etc. I was so relieved to wake up and realize that it had only been a dream and she had not gone into work yet so I hugged her and told her I loved her.

My mother and I have had a pretty bad relationship the last couple of years. I think maybe guilt has something to do with the dream. I am just really hoping that this wasn't some kind of omen, especially since I have had two or three dreams in the past that came true. Sorry if I sound ridiculous, I just needed to tell someone about this other than my parents.

~~~Carolyn~~~

Carolyn-

I've had lots of dreams like this too, about my parents or my husband dying, and they are SO real it scares the crap out of me. I am always so afraid of it being an omen. I also have recurring dreams about watching planes crash, so i'm always afraid that's an omen too. But dreams have meanings that are quite different than what they actually are. It usually has something to do with emotions, like you said, guilt. I know how scary it is though!! I feel sad all day after those dreams.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

I HATE those dreams. I've had them too and they scare the crap out of me everytime. I agree w/ mjewell and like you said it's probably a guilt thing showing up in a differnt way. The good thing is that it showed you how much you love her even if you butt heads and don't always like each other. Maybe that's what it was for? To get you to tell her you love her today. I am sorry you had a dream like that ... they are awful!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I agree, the dream may just be trying to show you how much you do love your mom. You should call her today and tell her that. Take it from a girl who doesn't have that option.

She's home now, thank heavens. Nothing happened today. I am breathing a big sigh of relief for that! I woke her up at 5am this morning to hug her so I think she feels fairly loved today. She was worried about ME actually- she called like 3 times to ask if I was ok. I felt kind of bad for disrupting her day.
    ~~~Carolyn~~~