Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Do I have Emet?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if I actually have Emet or if being scared of V is part of a larger problem. I am scared of being smothered or choking or running out of air. I am phobic at the dentist, in places with stale air, and in really crowded areas like concerts. I have been trying to figure out what I am thinking during an Emet related panic attack to see if I am thinking about choking or running out of air, or if there is some other thought going crazy in my mind, but even though I have nausea associated with my period every month, I haven't got to the bottom of this yet. I was wondering if other people have been able to identify what their negative thoughts are during the emet panic attack.

TIA

Rhiannon

Hmm...my negative thoughts are "What if I v*?" and "Oh no, I have to get out of here." I basically start looking around for any sort of escape route because if I'm panicking I want to be by myself. I don't feel like I'm choking, but if there are too many people with me I panic more. I can't stand being around people when I feel n*. I'm sorry if I'm no help.
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

For me, the emet is a control issue. I CANNOT lose control of my body, by v* or any other way. I also have panic attacks when I have a high fever, and had them while in labor with both children.
    Like you, I also hate crowded, smothering situations.