Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Feel Guilty

Well, today I was at work, and my stomach just started feeling real sick and churny, and I figured it was IBS. I commented to one of my co-workers that I was feeling cruddy, and she told the boss, so I was allowed to go home. The thing is, now I feel pretty okay. I practically never call off sick unless I really am, and have made it a point to stick out situacions when I do feel sick, and I've done this all through school and everything. I just feel guilty now and bad that I'm home and feel rather okay, like I cheated or something. I feel like now I need to make myself sick or something so I didn't just call off for nothing. The thing was they did ask me if I wanted to, and I told the boss that if she did then I would. So they let me. Argh, heck people call off even when not sick, and here I feel horribly guilty because I was feeling sick, but now I'm feeling okay.

Don't look at it like you cheated, look at is as an unexpected bonus. You sincerely were feeling crummy while you were at work, so you did not lie, and were not decieving anyone. And you said yourself that you hardly ever call in sick. So now that you feel better, you should do something for you. Take some time to do something you don't normally take the time for. Look at this extra time as a gift.

Yeah your right, I mean I'm feeling fine now, so it was a mistake, but its not the end of the world. My husband says he's had the same thing happen to him sometimes. I guess I just feel like I've given into emet when things like this happen, like I've let it win by going home and "admitting defeat" or something. I know that sounds odd, but sometimes thats how I feel.

That's happened to me before and I felt guilty too but as dafodil said you didn't lie, you really felt bad, that you felt better when you got home is great! lol. Feel better and no guilt, you did nothing wrong.[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin