Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Hey everyone![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Oh my gosh, it feels so good to be back. I know that most of you probably won't remember me, but I joined back in May, when I first found out emetophobia, but haven't been back for a really long while...which I truly regret. But I feel that sometimes things have to be just right in order for you to do certain things...and to me, at the time, things just weren't right for me to be back here. I'm sorry if you're really confused about what I just said there, but really I am just venting...

The thing is, a lot of stuff has been going on the past little while. For starters, I am finally begining to receive the medical attention I need. I have had (since December) constant nausea. I mean, this nausea is 24/7...and imagine having that, PLUS being emet...it sure ain't easy. Anyways, in April my doctor put me on this perscription that treated stomach ulcers, and the medicine, as much as I wanted it to, did not work. That made my doctor think it may be something less simple. So lately I have been going for SO MANY appointments, X rays, and tests, and guess what?I haven't found out anything yet! I am meeting with my doctor again tomorrow and then maybe he can tell me something. So that's what has been going on there.

Remember, when I first joined, I was about to recieve Hypnotherapy? There's a looong story to that. But I will try to keep it short and to the point. When I first started, they were teaching my how to cope with anxiety. This is how myhypnotherapy worked, for those of you who aren't sure. I would be placed in a room all by myself, then I would get all comfy in this bed thing *It was really, really comfortable!* and then they would place headphones on me and these 'sunglassed' with 8 lights, 4 on each eye. They would play a CD that 'talks to your mind and creates new habbits'. That takes about an hour. While that is going on, the lights on the sunglasses begin to flash. The first time that I had this procedure done it scared me to such an extreme that I had an anxiety attack right then and there. Luckily no one was around, but I mean, they're supposed to be treating my anxiety, not giving me more! Have you ever layed in the sun or had the sun in your eyes, closed your eyes, and then rubbed? That's what it is like. You see these really bright red blobs just going round and round in your mind...its' freaky, for me at least. I had about 20 of these sessions, and personally, I think that they were absolutly positivly totally useless. Out of ten how much it helped it would score a 2 if it was lucky. Only now am I starting to recieve the attention that I need. Now I am actually working with a professional hypnotist (and guess what her 2nd job is? A nurse! I was happy about that!). She will be helping to cure my phobia, because she realized that the tapes I listened to were not helping at all. So what she is doing with me now is helping me to come up with a 'safe place'. It's a place that I can go to in my mind to feel safe and get away from panic. If you guys are interested, let me know and I can type out a discripton of the safe place in my mind. It's really peacful and when you think of it you actually feel calm. The other thing that my thearapist is doing is a little bit of exposure therapy, I guess you could call it. It's where she comes up with scenarios that involve v* and as you progress, the sceanarios get worse and worse. When you come to one that you feel totally uncomfortable with, you let her know and she does a relaxation thing with you.

Wow, you're eyes must be tired from reading all that. I know my fingers are tired from typing all that~! So I think I am gonna stop now, and I think I will go browse through some topics and get right back in the saddle again...lol. I'm glad to be back, you guys ar

heya!!!! welcome back!!!!!

im jst wondering, you say the doctor can't find ne reason for u having nausea 24/7.... r u sure its not just anxiety? cause i used to feel nauseous 24/7 but it was BECAUSE i was emet.... see what i mean?

im sorry that hypnotic stuff didnt work for you.. sounds quite scary if u ask me ... i hope u have better luck with this other lady!

hope to see ya around and take care

Jenxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

welcome back! I'm so sorry that things havent been going too well with feeling sick and with our hypnotherapy, but things will get better and I hope they will soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenneh

im jst wondering, you say the doctor can't find ne reason for u having nausea 24/7.... r u sure its not just anxiety? cause i used to feel nauseous 24/7 but it was BECAUSE i was emet.... see what i mean?

Jenxxxxxx

Hey everyone thanks for actually reading that long blah blah blah speech!!!

Jenneh it might be anxiety...thanks for suggesting that...I will definatly talk about that posibilty to my doctor...if he still finds nothing wrong then we can take a really good look at the anxiety factor...I wunder if you can be more prone to anxiety if yur mom has anxiety disorders? My mom does, maybe that contributed or has sumthing to do with why I have it...is it hereditary I wonder...I will have to find that out!

Yes, you can be more prone and it's partly hereditary, partly "learned". Most experts say 50-50. (the "learned" bit means that you have an anxiety disorder because your mother has an anxious view of the world - the rest is genetic.)

And anxiety certainly causes nausea, or the feeling of nausea. But of course it's good to have absolutely everything medical checked out first, just to be sure. The nausea isn't imagined, it's real - but it's still caused by anxiety. Cure the anxiety, cure the nausea. Even "work on" the anxiety, cure the nausea! I wish you all the best in this journey!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

yup.... sage is right! cure the anxiety cure the nausea!! thats what im doing right now!!

and yeah, if thers anxiety disorders in ur family ur pre-dispositioned.. or whatever they call it, to get one urself. because of genetics and because of u learning it from ur mother.

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN: