Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Today my sister vomited at her work. She was being goofy with me like we normally do. I go to her work with her sometimes (she works in a cafe) and I usually stay with her for her and do my homework and we hang out. I was just sitting in my chair waiting doing my homework when she started complaining of nausea and stomach cramps, then she promptly ran to the bathroom and v*. She came out, sipped some ginger ale and recovered. About 30 mins later she felt fine and she says she was just stressed out (her boyfriend of 1 year recently split up .. she has alot of stress in her life) and ate a really gross salad that set her off. She's been perfectly fine ever since and we were laughing and joking and making food and having a good time. This doesn't sound like a stomach virus to anyone does it? She says she feels no nausea whatsoever anymore at all.
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My husband sometimes v* from stress. I know my mom sure does. It sounds like she was stressed, and maybe ate something that didn't agree. She recovered so quickly, it doesn't sound like an sv.

It doesn't sound like a sv at all. I would worry about it. It sounds like you were very calm about the whole situation!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My friend did that at work the other day too - so calmly as well..... We had just had lunch and she tells me she feels weird!! Anyway, off she goes and returns to tell me she just v*... She stayed at work, ate a cake, v* again and then felt fine!! I was with her the whole time and I didn't panic at all coz it just didn't seem like a sv..... This was about 2 weeks ago now and I was fine!! Sometimes I guess people just v*.......

Meant to add - doesn't sound too hygenic if she works in a cafe and was ill!!!! No disrepect but i'm not sure I'd want her to handle my food!!!!!

I really wouldn't worry about it. Stress and then eating on a stressed out stomach could make her sick, just like stress and eating when IBS is triggered by stress then causing D*.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

No, doesn't sound like a sv* to me...sounds like stress and that nasty salad helped the v* along

Non-emets v* in situations where we wouldn't dream of it. I'm sure it was nothing infectious. I certainly wouldn't be laughing and joking in the circumstances!

Oh I was really nervous, trust me! My friend works right around the corner and I shot off to her work in a panic trying to get her to calm me down.

I knew my sister was fine when she shot me a goofy face from over the counter though
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.