Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I would LOVE to know what on earth is going on with my stomach(lower abdomen).

I have more often than not got a very irritated/unsettled feeling in my abdomen. I also get VERY bad gas, usually in the afternoon/evenings, or after going to the loo for a No. 2 (sorry TMI) and some days my stomach is so bloated I look pregnant. There is never really any nausea or painwith these feelings, just the uncomfortable feeling.

Yesterday I had a (rather big) mug of Mocha at a coffee shop with my friends. Then I had some dried fruit squares when I got home about an hour later. My boyfriend made us some Pork sausages with sweet red peppers in them, with some flapjacks (british ones)with cheese. My stomachstarted rumbling/gurgling up the one side.. making all sorts of noises and funny rumbles. I got some gas and then I ended up needing the loo. *A BIT GRAPHIC HERE* it started fine but then gotreally erm.. loose/runny. I felt a bit better once I had been, but was then worried cos I had had D* and didn't know what was going to develop from there. I drank some ginger/lemon herbal tea with honey, chewed some gum, thenneeded the loo again and there was no D*, just anormal movement.

Today my abdomen just feels erm.. a bit like its erm.. bruised or recovering from the bout of D*. Oh its also 'that time of the month'.

Could anyone tell me if this sounds like IBS or Colitis or one of those stomach ailments? This isn't the first time i've had bad D* without much nausea or cramping.. or a funny reaction to pretty normal food.. any suggestions would be appreciated!! sometimes I do get the gurgling and a burning cramping and I have to 'go' immediately and then its pretty bad D*. I get shaky and sweaty and feel a bit weak afterwards, but fine otherwise...

hmm its a mystery to me....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

Hmm, well, I have IBS and I almost always get pain with it, but you could probably still have it, just not so bad. The things that you said you ate are almost all triggers for my IBS. I LOVE mocha, but it always makes me go. I think it's the caffeine and the chocolate together. Dried fruit is notorious for that, and pork sausages with peppers would definitely do that to me. So, if it doesn't happen too often, I'd say it was just the food combo. I have no idea if it's IBS or not, though. You might want to ask your doctor.

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Thanks Mary.. I realise the food combo may have been a cause.. the mocha was pretty large and rich. and the dried food would naturally cause someone to 'go'.. its just that I get this D* quite often, the same sorta thing.. no warning, no nausea, just gas and slight cramping and then usually once-off D*. But my abdomen is always in a bit of an uncomfortable state!

I usually get it from things like Carbonara sauce or bolognaise mince.. but it can come unexpectedly from other things too! GRR feel a bit silly going to the docs.. i don't want them to think i'm a hypochondriac!

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

Yeah as I was reading it I was thinking, a big mug of Mocha AND fruit AND peppers? God that would be enough to send my stomach into a complete spin lol Mine is mostly triggered by stress though like when I'm working my IBS becomes almost unmanagble but at home when I'm calm it rarely flares up. Unless I eat/drink something bad. It could just be that time of the month or it could be that certain foods trigger a reaction in you. I would see a Dr to find out specifically if it is something that affects you a lot though. Feel better
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

^^ Oh and I totally get what you are saying. Mine is like that too. Out of the blue D* though I get cramping with it and I'll be like "I have to go...NOW" I haven't yet worked out what exact foods to avoid so it's still a bit hit and miss lol
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Yep, and I forgot to add the time of the month thing. My IBS is always the worst around then!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Yes, it is possible. Sometimes I have pain, which I describe as "it feels like a porcuppine is running through my gut". Other times I have no pain, but just a lot of gas, overall feeling of ick, and loose-ish stools.

IBS=misery. Especially when I am haivng my period.

hey. I have never had pain with IBS - just the gotta get to a toilet now or else feeling.

I agree that the mocha and squares are the likely culpirt. I can't drink anything hot with caffine in it - big mistake ( cold is bad, but not as a severe reaction).

I always describe the IBS sensation as feeling like little mice claws are running up and down my intestines - not painful - but odd.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Caffeine is a big no-no for me, I cant even drink normal diet coke, it has to be cafeinne free or it causes me big problems.

Laney xx