Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Asthma

Over the past few weeks while having this flu thing, my asthma has also been getting worse, i ended up on one of those oxegen machines at the hospital because i had an asthma attack, also a lot of people i know have said there asthma is getting worse, mine seemed to have calmed down a few years back, but all of a sudden has come back. Does anyone else have asthma and found that recently its been getting worse? im not sure if its the weather doing all of this in the uk recently.

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I used to be asthmatic- my brother as well, he used to be so bad every night he had to hover over this machine to loosen the phlegm in his chest/help him take deep breaths. We both grew out of it when we hit about 14/15.

The weather can DEFINITELY affect your asthma- especially if it is particularly humid, or you are in an area that is heavily polluted. Smog can be a killer, to the point where on humid smoggy days our weather channel gives out warnings that people with asthma should stay indoors if possible.

Other factors that can affect your asthma aredust and dust mites. I know that now we are opening the windows after the long winter, our apartment is a lot dustier than normal.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I too have noticed that my asthma has been particularly bad this spring. I also suffer from allergies (which have also been worse than normal) so I am blaming it on the weather/allergies. I am allergic to dust and mites and trees and grass and mold and -- need I go on...

Are you feeling better now? Sorry about your trip to the hospital. Do you have emergency inhalers?