Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: OT: Driving!

I'm taking the opportunity to use our new OT boards!

Today my mom took me to a parking lot to learn to drive for the first time. It was really fun! I turned and accelerated and backed up. But, I found it really hard to maketurnslike, out of the parking lot, or into a parking space. turns where you need to guadge the distance. Does anyone have any tips for this (or any general driving tips)?

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Making turns and parking, just like all other aspects of driving, just takes practice. Keep doing it over and over, and you will learn to judge distances, and feel comfortable with it. Soon, it will be second nature. How exciting! Have fun! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hey Anya!

I haven't been driving long myself, just over a year, really. Like daffodil said, after you practice a while, you'll learn to know the length of the car and judge how much distance you have from curbs, etc. I remember learning to drive, I was always terrified I was gonna mount the pavement when turning into somewhere, lol. Just know that wherever the front wheels go, the back wheels will follow!

Also, somethingmy driving instructor said thathelped me: try to look more into the distance, instead of straight down at the road immediately in front of the car. Focus on where you are going =)

\"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

It's great that you started driving. I remember when I was learning to drive my momlet me drive down the street to my aunt's house (with her in the car of course)... the first thing I did was back into the basketball goal... oops Thank goodness it was our old "learner" truck and we didn't like the basketball goal anyway, so all was forgiven.

Driving takes practice, and please remember that defensive driving is a good idea. I get so irritated with people who think they own the road, mostly it is teens who have been driving less than a year.

<table class="forumline" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%">
    <t><tr><td class="row1" height="28" valign="top" width="100%"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><t><tr><td colspan="2">Attending
    a defensive driving school offers a lot of benefits. It does not only
    improve your driving skills and helps you become a safe driver; you
    also get practical benefits such as obtaining discount on your
    insurance premium.

Search for more here:

http://www.schoolofdefensivedriving....ive_Driving_Sc hool.html</span></span></td>
    </tr>
    </t></table></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td class="row1" align="left" valign="middle" width="150">Back to top</span></td>
    <td class="row1" height="28" nowrap="nowrap" valign="bottom" width="100%"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="18" width="18">
    <t><tr>
    <td nowrap="nowrap" valign="middle"> < ="" ="text/"><!--

if ( navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf('mozilla ') != -1 && navigator.userAgent.indexOf('5.') == -1 && navigator.userAgent.indexOf('6.') == -1 )
    .write(' ');
    else
    .write('</td><td></td><td valign="top" nowrap="nowrap"><div style="positi&#111;n:relative"><div style="positi&#111;n:absolute"></div><div style="positi&#111;n:absolute;left:3px;top:-1px"></div></div>');

//--></td><td></td></tr></t></table></td></tr></t>
    </table>