Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

this time of year. I am almost scared to because my family usually gets sick with sv in the summer.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Yes, I sort of do. I will be a bit more "careless" in regards to how I eat. During the height of sv season, I am on what can best be described as a "Blah Diet". Rice, potatoes, plain chicken breast, clear soups, etc. I keep it to small meals too. I usually stay way away from alcohol too.

In the summer, I tend to throw caution to the wind, and relax a bit. It's BBQ season, and I love BBQ. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] I also allow myself alcohol too, but not too much.

I know it's possible to get an sv during the summer, but because it is less likely, I try to enjoy myself more.

I used to always let my guard down after March, but this year has been SO bad I just can't seem to relax. My family is going on vacation for a week in two weeks and I can't stop thinking about "what if" someone gets sick. I NEVER worried about that in the summeruntil this year. I'm already starting to get stressed and anxious about the thought of fall/winter coming and it's not even officially summer! ARGGGG!!!!

I do let my guard down..usually come May. Still up a little though...cause I know this crap is still going around. Kids usually get it oct-mar.

Yeah, in the summer I slack off a little and don't worry as much about catching a sv*.

my guard goes WWAAAYYY down in the summer, once school is out. I even eat food with my hands without washing them! [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]

Yes, because over here I haven't ever had an incident with a sv with anyone or myself during the summer *knock on wood*
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

I always do around this time of year. But this year, I've noticed that I've been more cautious than other summers. My hands are still pretty raw from washing all the time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Me too, I used to let my guard down around April or May, then we all got the sv* in MAY! That was my safe month but no more. But in summer I do...it's like you have been so vigilant for so long that you can't keep it up much longer....</font>

I am less uptight about summer, because there are more things to do outside, since the weather is nice, so not so many worries about being cooped up inside with sick people. But I am more paranoid about fp in the warmer months. Can't win...
    Oh yeah, I guess summer is not so much of a relief to me, because I got a sv in summer once.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] Edited by: daffodil

I never let my guard down anymore. Almost every SV* that I can remember having was during warmer weather.

im more cautious about the summer getting sun strokes because they make me sick
    touch wood i havent had one since i was small about 6/7 now i drink lots of water and also wear a cap to keep sun off me
    seems viruses mainly only go around in the winter i wish they'd stop full stop