Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

I was just wondering when was the last time you all V*? and was you suffering with emet at the time... if so how did you cope with it? xx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

23 years ago, I was 16! I wasn't emet at the time, I had been some years earlier but somehow got over it.

i was travelling by bus and had severe nausea, it was so bad all I wanted to do was get off that bus and throw up! When I did get off, I walked away quietly and just did it, and i was soooooo relieved, the feeling afterwards was amazing! I was sick again about half an hour later, I remember saying to my mum that I didn't want to have to do it again, but I did. It was not a nice experience but over with in about 30 secs.

Reading that back I'm not sure why it frightens me so much, but it does!!

23 YEARS AGO!!!!

Woah!!! .... your so lucky!! i always think that if i havent been sick after a couple of years my body might make me sick!!! .. cant believe you can do that!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My last time was just last August - I caught an sv* from my kids. Times before that:September 03, October 01, May01, August 97, July 95, May 94, December 92,November 91, December 90, June 90, April 88, August83, October 79, July 72. Before that,I can't remember.

Only an emet could be so precise. I could go through all of those occasions and grade my fear from 1 - 10, tell you why I v*d, how many times, whether I had d*,or how I felt emotionally. I'd be the first to admit that that's totally weird!

I think I've v*d a lot, for an emet.

I think you generally get fewer bugs when you're older which helps, I think generally though I've never been a sicky person, can only recall about 4-5 times in my life. Nevertheless, I have everything crossed while I type this so I don't tempt fate!!

I have had a few bouts of sv and food poisoning but I just had d*. I have also drunk myself to oblivion on many occasions but it never made me sick - just got the mother of all hangovers!!

My last time was a few weeks ago. I have v* 3 times in the past 2 months, all from which were from getting back into eating more again, and having to much acid in my stomach. The first time was when it was more just dry heeves as i had taken reglan and i couldn't bring nothing up, i think if i had taken it a bit longer before i wouldn't have had the dry heeves, but i did take it and didn't v*, then the second time, i didn't take anything, my stomach hurt from so much acid, i acctuly wanted myself to v* and when i did i was happy as it took away the pain, but then i had to go down the hospital as my stomach was in so much pain and i had stemetil as i kept heaving and it was hurting to much, so that stopped it, then the 3rd time, i forgot to take my antiacids they gave me, i then ate which hurt my stomach once again and i made myself v* and i felt 10 times better after. Before all of that it was coming up to 3 years ago, which i still have no idea what i had this day! but i woke up fine, (this was when i ate normally, or more then a normal person eats) ate my breakfast, then had crisps, then cookies, my period was on really heavy and the cramping was really bad as i remember, i then had d* twice, then i just had this awfull pain in my side which got worse and then all of sudden i v* and kept v* only when this pain came in waves of like2 min gaps, i think i must have v* over 20 times, and all i remember was me laughing, thinking oh i wish i could just get in bed with a cup of tea and hot water bottle for my stomach, after the pain had gone i stopped v* i got into bed and fell asleep for a few mins, woke up and v* again once a little bit from the pain again, i then fell back to sleep, woke up in an hour and felt fine, like nothing had happend, and i was starving, my mum was telling me i shouldn'e eat, but i went down and made myself some toast and it stayed down fine. The nest day woke up and i was totally fine, i had no d* and the pain had gone, then the next day i started eating again normally and went to a concert and was fine, and till this day i don't know what i had that day, but my fear of v* didn't come from that i don't think as i was fine afterwards and still ate.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

October 2001

November 1985

October 1983

That's all I can remember.

BandNerd

30 years ago for me. If you want to see the dates for a lot of emets, check out my streaks page: http://faq.emetophobia.net/streaks.html
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

43 years for me. I had a few close calls but I fought it to exhaustion. Kim

That I remember- 32 years ago. That I don't remember- 13 years ago (I
    was intoxicated and unconscious from college partying) woke up covered
    in it. Thank God my future husband had the sense to stay with me and
    make sure I didn't choke to death in my sleep.

Gumdropper1, your streaks page wont completely load. Is it the page, or my computer?
    BTW, I saw a post on another site where someone claimed to have NEVER v*!! wow. It's been a while for me, but I'm too superstitious to say how long. I know, Kinda silly.[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] Edited by: daffodil

9 years ago. *knock on wood* Not that long compared to some people but then again that's just a little more than half my lifetime xD.
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

about a week ago[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]but 4 yrs b4 that. And 12 yrs b4 that.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

the last time i v* was last year. i caught a virus. gosh some of you are so lucky, i think as you get older the less you v*, so i cant wait till im alot older lol
    A.fretwell

mine was 15 years ago when i was 10 and i was emet when it happened although not as bad as i am now

it was christmas day and my mum who was a nurse had just come in from work when i stood up and v* everywhere and she was not very pleased with me i remember apoligising over and over cos i felt really bad it was an sv* and lasted for nearly a week i have had sv* since but neveer v* from them but i really have come very close a few times but i totally believe that my body fights v* ing so much that it will take alot for me to actually do it

lyndsayanne

The last I v*d I was 11. I was in class, and I remember feeling very anxious and uncomfortable, and Iasked to go to thebathroom. I stood at the door thinking"am I going to make it?!" then resolved just to v* into the bin in front of my teacher and class.

Never done it since [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

I wasn't emet at the time but it's thought this episode was a significant trigger.
    I traded my dreams for this mess of memories,
    And they just stopped working for me.

My last time was about 35 years ago in the middle of the night. I must of had a bug.

wow! 35 years?! may i ask, have you had bugs and stuff within those years, but stopped yourself from v*?? if so um how? thats a long time!
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Dec 9, 1984
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img] woah that was 4 years before i was born!
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

I haven't in 21 years. I was 9!! I have come close since then!!

5 years ago *Knock On Wood* I was an emet then but at the time I didn't fear MYSELF V*ing as much as I feared other people doing it. Now I fear MYSELF doing it more then anything. I don't know WHY I V*ed, it was probably due to my undiscovered hiatal hernia, all I remember while doing it was thinking that it was TERRIBLE! But I felt a lot better after wards. I've only actually V*ed a handful of times in my life, I've never been a sickly person. The most I ever got was bronchitus and pneumonia (I used to get that twice a year for a stretch of 6 or 7 years) Oddly enough when I started smoking it stoppped. I hope I can be like some of you guys and go for 43 years or more!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

***knock on wood***

December 27 1993. Almost 13 years ago. I've also come close since.

No roofus i have never had a bug or food poisoning in 35 years. I stay in when a bug is around. I check all my eat by dates. My husband who is not an emet has not been sick since i have known him which is 20 years.

35 years ago... I was 8. Have come REALLY close several times though.

Wow, thats a long time. So there is ways of preventing it from happening if you really try hard as possible?..but i guess, some people get fed up with holding it in, i know i did..
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

When i was a child...don't know the age...my mom said i ate my whole Easter Basket and was sick as a dog..i remember eating the candy...but i don't remember getting sick...thank goodness!!!! Then in 1990 the day before my oldest son was born....i just started v....and i did it about 10-12 times....don't know why...unless it was the begginning of labor or something...but i was pretty scared and shaky, but i wasn't as nervous as i thougth i would be. I just remember thinking this is not fun.....BUT not as bad as i thought it was going to be....and so far....i haven't since...now i have had many many many sv's but only with bad d...and lots and tons of nausea with it. Been so close so many times.....i shudder to think about it really.
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

May 2001 (an SV*), then when I was in 5th grade which was...May 1993 (motion sickness and the heat got to me!), I think. And then the time before that was when I was 5, which was in 1987. I think I had a few times before that when I was super young, but I don't really remember when. I just have memories of doing it!!

If you notice, though, there is a May trend, which makes me super nervous - It's May 1st today!! AUGH!Edited by: melissarene

Last time for me was when I was 4.. its been 13 years...My mother told me that when i was a baby.. i'd V* everyday at least 2 or 3 times a day when i was breast fed. But ever since.. when my brother or sister would V*.. i'd run away and cover my ears to distract myself from hearing the sound.. when i was at the prom afterparty just last month.. i felt horrible.. of course there was drinking.. and my sister drank a little too much.. i felt terrible that EVERYONE of our friends were there to help her and i was the only one who was at the other side of the room just covering my ears and making noises.. since then.. everyone mocks me andcovers their ears and makes stupid noises and imitates my panic attacks.. i HATE IT.. well.. i'm going to a psychologist on the 12th of this month.. but from what i'm reading from everyone here.. it seems as if i'll never get over this phobia..

Btw.. i'm curious to know why everyone has to write V* instead of the actual word.. out of curiosity.. does it scare anyone to hear the word? because in my case.. i'm just afraid of the sounds and the actual V*.. but i don't get as frightened to see it on the floor..

I dont have a problem writing the word v* but I know some people do,so I think its nicer acknowledging the fact and not writing it!!!

Im completely freaked out byhearing it and watching it happen, also if I see it on the floor Im a bit freaked but not half so much as if I saw it happen!!!

Laney xx