Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

One of my OCD "issues" has to do with the time of day I take a shower. The last time I had a stomach bug it was after I took a shower at 9:00 p.m. The time before that I took a shower at 8:00 p.m. Since then I have avoided taking showers at those specific times. I will take one after 8:15, 9:15, just as long as I'm not "in" the shower on the hour.

So, tonight my husband came home from work late and asked me if I wanted to take a shower with him. No one else was home and since we have been living with my mom we haven't had much "alone" time so I didn't even think about it and said yes. When we got out I looked at the clock and I was in there at 9:00.

So, now I am worrying that I have cursed myself into having a sv tonight. I am trying to reassure myself that shower time has nothing to do with getting a sv. SInce I haven't been seeing my therapist lately, my OCD is creeping back up on me. This, though, is one thing I never conquerred with my therapist.

So, if I do good tonight and don't get a sv, that should be an accidental triumph for me. My stomach starting feeling "off" but I think i tis from worrying about it. I am trying to think positive so I can get over this hurdle. Wosh me luck! I will update tomorrow!

I know how it is with the superstitions. I'm sure you're fine, tho.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I think you'll be fine, but I can understand. We all have our "triggers" and many times those are memories. If it all turns out well (which I assume it will) I expect a post in the Triumph section from you!!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Well . . . . I didn't wake up in the middle of the night with a sv or anything! I really don't feel all that well today, but I am attributing it to normal pregnancy yucks. It's 90 degrees here, which I normally love but when you are 8 months pregnant it gets a little uncomfortable. Overall, I just feel yucky. I ache all over, I feel hungry but don't want to eat, I feel super exhausted and have been a little dizzy. I wonder if my blood pressure if creeping up.

But, as far as my OCD goes, I would consider this experience a triumph rather than a pitfall.

Ugh, I feel for you with the pregnancy and being hot. I was sooo hot with both my pregnancies, and I was pregnant with both in the fall/winter/spring. It can make you feel so yucky. Do you have any popsicles or nice cool treats?

Nothing in the world tastes better than frozen fruit on a hot summer day! I love frozen blueberries and raspberries. Cold and nutritious too. Good, even when the heat makes you feel like not eating.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.