Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Chris and I are flying to Winnipeg, Manitoba tomorrow. The flight is only 3 hours, and we're in one of those tiny planes the size of a greyhound bus (greeeeeat *insert sarcasm*)

Chris worked the night shift yesterday, got home at 7:15-ish in the morning, and went to bed. He said that he wasn't feeling well, but we just attributed it to him being tired and needing sleep. He went to bed and woke up this afternoon- and still feels sick! He has diarrhea, and says that his stomach is really upset. He's lying down now, and refuses to eat anything.

We have to leave tomorrow- we can't afford to change our tickets, and my family is expecting us. I really, REALLY hope he feels better tomorrow. Trapped on a small plane with someone who isn't feeling well will send my anxiety over the top. That, and the smaller planes are more turbulent, so I'm sure Chris won't be enjoying that either.

Please- send good vibes my way.....figures that the first time he gets a stomach virus since we have been together is the day before we have to travel!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh no, I am sorry...I hope that he feels better by tomarrow...pump him up with some immodium and ginger. I hate when that stuff happens before having to fly, especially those sh**y little planes like that. I am sure that everything will be ok and thankfully it is today and not tomarrow.

Thanks Silver-

I am trying to force him to take pepto, but he refused (and then starts to pout, lol). I am going to head to the pharmacy now, and see if I can get him something to settle his stomach. He is refusing to eat, but I'm going to pick up some fresh bread and jam to see if I can tempt him...

Thanks for the reply! I hope he will be feeling better tomorrow...

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good luck Amber!
    It might be gone by tomorrow! Hang in there and enjoy your trip if you can.
    Cheers!

Men are such babies when they don't feel good...for instance, I have stomach problems daily and d* a lot of the time, I guess that I have just learned to deal with it...but when my husband is having problems, he can't even get off of the couch and whines...Not saying that your guy is doing that, but you know how it goes. Anyhow, sorry that you are dealing with it on top of the stress of leaving for a trip too. Take care and let us know how things go. Above all, have a wonderful time visiting your family.

lol I tried to get my other half to take Pepto Bismol when he was ill & he did the same!! He said 'uurrgh no it will make me s*' & then also pouted! Are we talking about the same guy here - he's also called Chris!

Anyway, hope all goes well for you & he's just eaten something silly to make him feel under the weather. I'm sure he'll come round before you fly..

All the best & enjoy your trip [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Good vibes being sent your way.
    I hope he feels better. Why does it always seem that people get 'sick' at the damndest times?

\"This too shall pass\"

Thanks guys....its looking up. He came bowling with us for this group I volunteer for, and now is making scalloped potatoes and drinking a McDick's milkshake. Go Fig. This better have only been a lack of sleep thing...tomorrow morning it better not resurface!

And Silver, YES my boyfriend is the BIGGEST baby when he is sick. You would think that dealing with people who are close to death (he's an ICU nurse) would give him some perspective, but NOOOOO. Will sit and mope on the couch and ask me in pitiful voices to get him things. LOL- when I'm sick, he feels my glands and usually tells me to drink lots of fluids and I will be fine.

Sneezy- that is TOO CREEPY. Maybe somehow they are cloned...I think they refuse the pepto because if they feel better, they will be treated normally again, lol

And thanks Paulina and Shiva for the support.....and YES people do tend to get sick right before they need to travel somewhere, or so something important. I think our bodies try to sabotage themselves!

*amber*

Hi Amber. glad it's all better! Let'give him the benefit of the doubt - he did have diarrhea after all - and he sounds like a nice, decent guy, so let's all be nice! Not his fault he's wimpy when he's ill, he's a man after all, it comes with the territory!

Hope you have a great trip, make sure you stock up on some gravol or do like you did on the trip to Aus and get drunk! I've flown on 32 seater pleans a few times and although you feel more than on a big plane, it's not that uncomfortable, and I hate flying!

Quote Originally Posted by crimgoddess

And Silver, YES my boyfriend is the BIGGEST baby when he is sick. You would think that dealing with people who are close to death (he's an ICU nurse) would give him some perspective, but NOOOOO. Will sit and mope on the couch and ask me in pitiful voices to get him things. LOL- when I'm sick, he feels my glands and usually tells me to drink lots of fluids and I will be fine.
    Haha, my father is EXACTLY the same! It's the apocalypse if he ever becomes ill, but when I'm sick he does just like your bf- feels my glands and forehead and tells me good luck.

Poor you, though. That would be such a nasty thing to go through. I am so glad that he is feeling better. I will be crossing my fingers for you that he stays that way!
    ~~~Carolyn~~~

I hope all is well, and you are enjoying your trip!

Let us know how it went. Poor guy, that is always my biggest nightmare that I am going to get a V* illness the day of or before a plane trip. Ugh. I am terrified of small planes, but in my experience, unless the weather is bad, they are actually often better than big planes, save for all the noise. Hope you guys are both well!
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

Glad he is feeling better...i can only imagine how you are feeling right now! My mom is convinced that you can get d* and have a tummy ache when you are tired. So, maybe that is all he needed was some rest. And all men are babies when they are sick. Have a good trip!

Thanks guys!!!

We are now safely in Winnipeg (or as it is known for over half the year- Winterpeg). Chriswoke up fine on our day of travel, and even though ourflight was extremely uncomfortable and turbulent, we got to our destination in one piece and vomit free. I think his illness may have been a combination of lack of sleep, worrying over money, and not eating properly for the last little while. He thinks that he can get off eating one large meal a day, and I think it is catching up on him.

Hahaha- Suze, I wish I could have done what I did for my flight to Australia. I did end up taking some Bonamine, and I'm lucky I did- I don't do well on things that move, let alone something that is swaying back and forth.

We're having a great time...even though at this time of year in the 'Peg it's attack of the killer mosquitoes. However, with all the alcohol that we have been consuming for the past few days, they seem to be ignoring us. My uncle was pretty sicka few weeks ago, so he can't do all the yard work that he usually does (they live in the country- have a big backyard and a garden), soChris and I are helping out a lot. We'll work for two hours, have a beer break, work for another two hours, another beer, and so on. Today we are taking a break though- apparently there is a world class beach somewhere around here.....

Thanks again for all your support- you all rock! Hope you are having a great week as well....I sure am so far!

*amber*

Amber, I am glad everything is going so well and that you are enjoying your trip!!!!

Glad to hear you made the flight without incident.

LOL--McDick's [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

nikki