Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

hi everyone,

i am new to this site and live in toronto, canada. Can anyone suggest
    treatment centres or any other information.

thank you!

Hi welcome to the site! I don't know but Sage definitely would and I'm sure she'll be along here later.

I am from British Columbia. Nice to meet another fellow Canuck. As Hannah said Sage would know I am sure.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Hi Spinchick,

Welcome to the site. Take a look at my paper on the Treatments thread entitled "Information for Professionals", as well as the one "How to choose a Professional" (or something like that). In Canada, it all depends on how much money you have. If you have money, then search for a really good psychotherapist which will cost you between $75 and $140/hour. I, personally, took over 200 hours to heal completely in the end (so add that up!) 50 hours gets you feeling pretty secure and happy, though, and even 12 hours will relieve symptoms quite a bit if you find the right treatment program. In Toronto, there are lots of excellent psychotherapists to choose from. Get referrals from your doctor, local mental health, church, friends, etc. The person can be a Registered Social Worker, Psychologist, or Registered Clinical Counsellor (make sure he or she has some sort of an "R" after his or her name for "registered" in Canada)

If you dont' have any money, then keep going to family doctors until one of them recommends you to a really good psychiatrist who does psychotherapy. Most psychiatrists in this country just prescribe drugs (which might be in order, but you don't want just drugs without psychotherapy) You may have to wait for a psychiatrist up to 6 months, but it would be worth it. Even if you wait, you can still be picky...if you don't like the person then it won't work anyway, so go back to the drawing board with the doctor.

While you're waiting you can attend group therapy at your local hospital or community's mental health. Talking about your family and what life was like for you growing up with this phobia will be most helpful in the long-run. If you are religious, then your local priest, minister or rabbi can be a helpful resource for "free" counselling.

Good luck!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i live in toronto too .... but im too scared to get treatment i jus suffer in silence

RaVeN

Raven,

Treatment doesn't have to be scary! You're the one in control in any treatment setting, and if you keep looking for a warm, compassionate, caring therapist until you're comfortable then it can actually be a comforting and calming experience.

Don't give up!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

lorem ipsumlorem ipsumlorem ipsumlorem ipsumlorem ipsumlorem ipsumlorem ipsumlorem ipsumlorem ipsum.
    Last edited by hanarky; 11-13-2015 at 07:18 PM.

Hmm I too live near Toronto...

Anyways, I have tried Hypnotherapy and it wasnt' a really positive experience, so now I am confused about weather I should keep trying or if therapy is the wrong thing for me all together. Any suggestions anyone?

ANOTHER TORONTONIAN HERE! Heck I have no advice but if anyone does let me know, I would love to talk!

Miriam