Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Do you have control issues?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes in a lot of areas of my life

67 84.81%
  • Yes, just with emet.

11 13.92%
  • No

1 1.27%

Thread: control

I was wondering because I am a control freak and I think it is a major part of my phobia. With v*ing you have no control...

I think so. Like I don't like spontaneous anything. And I need to hold the remote[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Yep, I am a control freak, and a creature of habit. I like things the way I like them.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

without control in my life .. nothing else is left

haha! I also need to hold the remote! At all times!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

i do have a lot of control issues, i feel sorry for my fiance because of that...i am learning to cope with it and get better at compromising... [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

Yes I have control issues.. especially to do with my personal cleanliness - I shower for ages and have a routine to it too. Also don't like having things like group events or outingssprung on me - I need to mentally prepare for these things!

As for the remote - I've given up! [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

One of the reasons I fear v-ing is the lack of control over your body. However other body functions [ie number one and two] dont bother me.

yes i like to be in control of things and i'm also a bit of an idealist, wish things in the world where perfect.

Lol, re thehaving to be in charge of the remote! I always have the remote!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I love to be in control...all though, I don't always win the control of the remote
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I have actually been trying to control my controlness! hahaha! I am starting at home with my husband. Letting him take control of things. At first it was hard but now I m learning to relax a bit more. SO now I am doing it at work. It tell myself it is ok if things do not happen the way you want. Things will still get done. just not the way you would do them. I am getting better at this! Maybe it will help with my emet.

i have control issues in every area of my life and thats an understatement
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

i definately have control issues. i am currently dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder and social anxiety. i have always been phobic about v*ing, but just recently when my anxiety and stress increased, my phobic thoughts increased as well. i think it all has to do with the mind and the lack of control.

Yeah I definately have control issues, and I think all my issues stem from lack of control growing up. I have more than one phobia, and they also are control related.

what a could poll!! i definately have control issus!! its good to know im not the only one!! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

I have major control issues. Though they are better now than they used to be. I'm pretty sure that thats where my emet stems from ... cause like you said, there is no control there.