Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: this year-bad?

Do you think we think this year is so much worse than all the other years because of this site or because it really is? I was thinking it might be because we make it seem worse, although it is weird that it is still going around my area .

I don't know. Over here, where I live, I haven't had any contact with v* this year. *knock on wood* As for the site...I think since I joined I've been much better. Hope things get better in your area though. =]
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

I have asked myself the same thing. This site has helped me so much in so many ways, and it has made me worse in others. I think it is a relief to talk to others who understand, but because of the nature of our phobia, we are always on the lookout for sv's, and make more of things than we need to.

This year has been bad for my family and this site is definately not to blame. We had a sv a month in the house between January and April. Even my husband who never gets ill caught one. I think things are getting a bit better now(dare I say it?)as we made it through May v* free. My sister has had a particularly bad year with svs too and so has my SIL so it doesseem to have been a bad year in my area.I had a similar year 3 years ago when my daughter had sv after sv over 4 months, so it is not just this year. Hopefully next year will be better.

I think as well that the media have picked up on this topic and everytim there is an outbreak its on the news or in the papers, they make such a big thing about it.I dont remember in previous years hearing half as much as lately.

I dont think it has anything to do with this site!!!

Laney xx

The media seems to have focused on every outbreak of sv this year. However, I do think it's odd that even though it's June, we are still hearing about cases of it.

Its definitely been worse here this year. So many people I know have been ill this year, it started in October and only over the past few weeks have things started to calm down. I only found this site a couple of months ago, and it has really helped.

thing is thou ..... doesnt bacterial and germs multiply quicker with heat ??? or am i wrong .... but anyway svs never actually go so your never totally free of them !! i guess its just of those things we have to get used to one day