Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was just painting my toe nails, and was wondering:

Am I the only one who has separate polishes: one for fingernails and one for toenails?? I just have this icky thing about feet. That even though they LOOK clean, they are still full of yucky bacteria, and I'm convinced that those germies will get into my nail polish, contaminating it, so I shouldn't use that same polish on my fingernails because I touch and cook for my family with these hands. I get a permanent marker and label each polish with a F for fingers and T for toes.

Am I the only one who does this? Also, I would love to hear about anyone elses's crazy "quirks" they do regarding this damn phobia................
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I have never heard of using a seperate polish for fingers and toes, but I see your logic.
    Some of my quirks: I am very paranoid about the packaging of food, especially if I have just bought it. For instance, I will wash my hands, open the bread bag gingerly, trying not to touch it much, put the bread in the toaster, and then wash my hands again before buttering the toast, because the bag could have had germs on it from the checker at the store, or those nasty conveyor belts at the checkout stand. Those really freak me out, esp. if there is moisture on it. I avoid putting my food on those spots, as it could be germy fluid from raw meat or something.
    I try not to touch gum as I am unwraping it and putting it in my mouth. I have this down to a science. I take hand sanitizer everywhere, and use it OFTEN. Same with my kids. I don't mind if my kids get dirty out in our yard, but out in public, I sanitize them if they even come close to touching anything. I sanitize the grocery cart handle, and seat if one of my kids will be sitting in it. I still change their clothes when we get home, though, if they sit in the cart. I usually change my clothes if I have been out somewhere.
    The list goes on...

DAFFODIL~~~ EWWWW, I HATE when the conveyor belt has meat blood on it! I will not set my food on those spots either. I do the same as you, with the packages if I think the cashier may be sick or something. I also take sanitizer with me everywhere. I have some in my purse and in my car. I put a gob in my hands and cleat the grocery cart handle as well. Do you know how many times I've seen people touching the handles with an icky tissue in their hands? AGH! Also, whenever my daughter and I go eat, we also sanitize after touching the menus, and sanitize after touching any countertops and door handles. Yesterday I was in the grocery store, and saw the produce guy blowing and wiping his nose, then loading onions and other veggies onto the table! Jeez!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Ewww, the produce guy was blowing his nose then touching the veggies? That right there is why I don't eat much fresh produce. I know it is better for you than canned or frozen, but still.
    At the grocery store I usually go to, they actually have cart wipes available most of the time, which is nice. I am really bummed if they are out, but I guess that is kind of good, because it means people are using them. My stepmom told me when her kids were little, she actually brought little baggies with her to the store with paper towels soaked in bleach water to wipe the carts with. She isn't an emet, but at least she understands my constant sanitizing!

Quote Originally Posted by daffodil
    My stepmom told me when her kids were little, she actually brought little baggies with her to the store with paper towels soaked in bleach water to wipe the carts with. She isn't an emet, but at least she understands my constant sanitizing!

OMG!!!! I used to do that when my kids were small and sanitizer wasn't heard of yet!! It's a great idea!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

One ofquirks is when people stand so close behind me in a line that I can feel there breath on the back of my neck! I hate when that happens. I also never eat at buffets, I need not go any further with the buffet topic!

Quote Originally Posted by taffy
    One ofquirks is when people stand so close behind me in a line that I can feel there breath on the back of my neck! I hate when that happens. I also never eat at buffets, I need not go any further with the buffet topic!

I'm with you on the buffets!! It's either people touch the utensils w/dirty hands, they sneeze/cough into the food, or the food is at the wrong temperature---scary!!!! Also, ugh, people in line! Have you ever had someone so close behind you that they are repeatedly touching you or your purse?? I get sooooo annoyed at that. My favorite is when they decide to sneeze or cough.[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

LOL Daffodil, I do the same thing when I am preparing food. I am so grossed out by the conveyors in grocery stores. I also saw a program about how dirty they are!!

California girl, that is very interesting about the nail polish. I've never thought about it before!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.