Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: on average I feel...

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • cured

0 0%
  • I feel great, almost over it

3 3.41%
  • I see much improvement

13 14.77%
  • More good days then bad

39 44.32%
  • Not doing too well

6 6.82%
  • Every day is a struggle but still kicking

12 13.64%
  • Depressed, angry - it’s stealing my life

12 13.64%
  • Have given up hope

3 3.41%

For this question I was thinking not so much 'how I feel today, or
    right now' but on average in the past few months or so. I'm especially
    curious to see how many cured emets visit this site[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

I voted "I see much improvement" because at my worst in emet I would panic over the smallest things and scream and cry hysterically and punch, and refuse to be in the house with my father alone. I'd hear a pot bang downstairs and run out of the house screaming because i thought someone was v*ing. So, I've made a lot of improvement, as I can live my life much more normally now!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I went for the struggling but still kicking option. I'm finding it so difficult to cope with this phobia lately but I have little triumphs now and then.

Mine has been really bad lately. I think it's a combination of stress over other things, and the fact that my 3 year old had sv in January, then I had it in March (though just had d* and n*, knock on wood!)

I said that I have more good days than bad.. The only time my emet really affects me is when someone close to me or who lives with me is ill, or when I'm feeling nauseous/weird.

I sometimes feel anxious for no reason whatsoever though.. like I have sub-conscious triggers that make me panicky.. [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

I really can't answer that poll question because I really don't know where I am. I feel like I'm doing good, then I think about all of the things I avoid doing due to theemet, and the things I do because of the emet (OCD stuff). I look at the lives of the people I hang out with, and realize how far away from normal I really am, even though I think I'm doing good. It's quite depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by kimmyc24

I said that I have more good days than bad.. The only time my emet really affects me is when someone close to me or who lives with me is ill, or when I'm feeling nauseous/weird.

I sometimes feel anxious for no reason whatsoever though.. like I have sub-conscious triggers that make me panicky.. [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

wow, and that's exactly how I am too.

Confusedgirl and kimmyc24, that's how I was for a long time. Now it's gotten so much worse. I don't know why.

i think it has got much better since seeing a CTB thearpist.

I am doing good right now. I may still be on a confidence high since me and my daughter were just sick back in April. I think that some of my fear with this phobia, is fear of losing control. For example, I fear where its going to happen. Like when I was sick in April, I started feeling really nauseous on the way home from picking the children up from school, and I was feeling so bad, but I was just praying to God to please just let me get home if/before I get sick. I mean, its not like I dont fear the actual act itself anymore, but I think it has gotten some better.

Mine has been really great lately. I don't feel n* every single day anymore and it only bothers me if I encounter it. Of course, there are still things I won't do but traveling is a tad easier *gasp* ...although I'm worried about my trip coming up to California...but anyway, I picked "<LABEL for=P610>I see much improvement."</LABEL>
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

mine has been up and down lately although i do seem to have better days then bad now...but sometimes every other day is just horrible!
    &hearts;LIDIA&hearsts;

i used to feel like every day was a stuggle but happily i feel i now have more good days than bad