Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi Everyone, I just got home from grocery shopping with my 4 year old son. I usually try to go without him but today I couldn't. I get really stressed out because he touches EVERYTHING! I clean the cart with a wipe...I tell him not to touch...but he still touches things.Like the meat and fish!!! Then I use Purell on his hands. Then he touches the candy dispensers and there is always a stray candy on the ground that he will see (I usually beat him to it and throw it out). Today he even put his mouth on the cart!!! He either has a super immune system or I don't know what............What do all you mom's do at the store??? It is so frustrating!</font>

I'm not a mom, but just try to remember that not every surface in the world has bacteria on it that will make us sick. I'm like you, I constantly wash after being in a store or touching anything out in public. But realistically, there can't be sv* or food poisoning bacteria on everything, ya know!

Wow, I can relate. My 3 year old daughter has to touch everything, and last time we were at the store she layed down on the floor and crawled down one of the aisles-just to get to me no doubt! Needless to say, I cleaned her hands and face with antibacterial wipes when we got to the car, and gave her a good bath as soon as we got home. It totally freaks me out, and I try to leave her home as much as I can when I go shopping. My husband thinks I'm nuts.

My son gets all touchy-feely in the supermarket too, but i try not to panic. The trolley may be covered in bacteria, but he drinks pro-biotic drinks and I tell myself he's protected. There's an advert here for a pro-biotic yogurt drink which shows a little girl on a bus sticking her tongue out at someone,and her tongue's touching the window! I still use hand gel though, to be on the safe side.