Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello, I updated my profile picture to an image of my little puppy, he is a 10 weeks old little cocker spaniel. Anyways, I am having trouble with him peeing every time that he gets excited lately (ie: when my husband or I get home, someone comes over, etc.) Has anyone had a dog that did this?? If so, does it get better when you get them fixed (he's a male by the way.) Can you break them of the habit?
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

he is adorable!!! i had a cocker spaniel named teddy when i was little. i still miss him, he was a great dog. right now i have a lhasa apso puppy and she tends to pee a little if she's really excited. she's fixed and she still does it, but not as much as she used to. i don't know if that has to do with her being fixed or just getting a little older (she will be 2 in august). my friend has a boxer who's 7 or 8 years old, and he still pees when he gets excited! hate to break that to you! lol. i guess sometimes it's just a puppy thing and sometimes it isn't. i hope your little guy will grow out of it. we took our puppy to a class because she is crazy, and the leader told us that when they get overly excited, like when you walk in the front door for instance, completely ignore them and their crazy behavior and they will calm down. it's hard to do but it really works! and he'll forgive ya :-)
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

Man, my parents' dog does that and it is so annoying! It's getting a little better as he gets older, but when anyone comes to visit, we have to pretend like we don't even see the dog, so he doesn't get excited. Or else, they make sure he greets you outside....
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

It is annoying and I have never been able to stand people's dogs that do that and can't control themselves, thats why I am worried about him not growing out of it and being a little (really cute) annoying turd!!
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

Ahh I have a cocker!! He is actually 16 years old. Love him to death. My dad has that problem with his dog. It has gotten better. He is fixed...not sure that did anything though. What we have come to do is not give him any attention when arriving home. If you kind of ignore him he will settle down and not pee.

Amber