Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

For the last few days, I've been feeling a bit odd. I haven't been as hungry as usual, but I just put it down to eating so much junk in the holidays.

Unfortunately, over the course of this morning at school, the nausea came and gradually got worse. My friend was eating a chocolate bar at break, and the very smell made me feel awful. At lunch, I ate a fairly normal sized meal, but I felt kinda on the verge of gagging the whole time. You know when you feel a bit sick already, and eating just seems to aggravate it? Yep, had that.

Anyway, I'm trying to carry on as normal- I've got so much coursework to do; three orals to prepare for (English, German and French); report reading tomorrow with my form tutor where we find out our grades; and on Friday I'm going on my Duke of Edinburgh award expedition (3 days of walking and camping on the Sussex downs).

I just feel like today could be the day? The feeling is in my chest and my throat, but my stomach feels slightly unsettled. Of course, I really don't want to be sick, but I have a feeling that it's going to happen anyway, and I just really want it out of the way.. aughh.. I hate this so much!
    <font size=\"3\"><center> Help put us emets on the map-
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    </font></center>

So sorry you're feeling BLAH---please keep us updated. This could all be "nervous stomach", due to your heavy schedule. I know with me, any kind of stress in my life will cause me to have indigestion and stomach aches.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I've been thinking about this actually- because I've been finding it hard to sleep at night because I keep getting nervous about the expedition. I've also still got this headache I've had for a bit over a month now- the doctor said there isn't much that can be done about it, but just to take some painkillers. I really hope it's nerves, and not something like a virus.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    </font></center>

It does sound like nerves. Whether we're conscious of it or not, our bodies will react to stress and tension. Keep your chin up, and I wish you the best of luck with school.[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I don't know, sounds just like my nerves. I would feel aweful! But never vomited, so who knows. Have you tried something like prevacid (I think there are some over the counter proton pump inhibitors like Nexium, Losec, Zoton, Protium, Pariet and others. Maybe you could try one of those? I feel that they help me a lot.
    Good luck dear. This the price we pay for being hard working students.

Yeah the feeling in the chest is what I get when I'm nervous. It's hard to explain how it feels except that I'm not nauseated in my belly. And nerves can also cause gaggy feelings and put you off your food. Keep us updated and feel better soon but I'm sure you will be fine/. Sounds like you have a lot of stress on at the moment to me *hugs*
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

hope your feeling better soon xx

Could you be pregnant? That feeling like you are going to gag and strong sense of smell? Those are symptoms I had when pregnant...if not that it could very well be nerves.

Thanks everyone It's quite possible it's stress, although Hippychick- you're right, I never normally feel it in my stomach either when it's nerves which is a bit odd.

Alwaysamber- The symptoms would actually make sense, but it's impossible.

I'm really stumped- it gets better briefly after eating, but then about 20 minutes later it comes back just as strong.
    </font></center>

I'm going to bed now. Hopefully it'll be better tomorrow, whether I end up ill or not. Thanks everyone for the support!
    </font></center>

Good luck! I hope your night is uneventful, and you get some sleep. Let us know how you are doing tomorrow.

I hope you feel better soon. It sounds like stress. I know that at the end of the spring semester when I was up to my eyeballs in work, I totally freaked and was n* for about 2 weeks straight. I also had the tightness in my chest and throat. This forum helped me through it, actually.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

If you were going to v* I think you would have hours ago, especially because you were eating. If you didn't v* after that, I think your safe. Just try to minimize your stress by walking, deep breathing, sipping tea and gettign rest.

Thanks everyone. I still feel a bit off, but I'm quite hungry too, which is a good sign. I had report reading today, so I know all of my grades and I think that's one thing out of the way. Hopefully it gets better soon.
    </font></center>

I just want to say thanks everyone, and I'll be back on Sunday evening (no doubt completely burned and afflicted with sun/heatstroke ) after the camping trip.

Unfortunately my best friend has diarrhoea this morning and was almost ill, and another member of my group was sick this morning. I've been feeling off all week, but I hope nothing happens while we're on the expedition, and my friend feels the same way. This only leaves one person from our group feeling healthy and not sick. :P

Ah well, there isn't a great deal I can do now, so I'm just going to try to enjoy it as much as poss. I love you all. Edited by: s0ccer_princess
    </font></center>

You poor dear. I am positive it is nerves. I really don't think sv*s drag out for a week and THEN make you sick. I think they hit hard and quickly. I cannot tell you how utterly ill I felt before my NY trip (this is written from the hotel room- haha!) and I made it without ANY v*. It was just nerves, I'm pretty sure now. I think you will be ok! Good luck!
    Edited by: csjones
    ~~~Carolyn~~~

I agree, sv's don't last much longer than 2 days, usually. Probably nerves.