Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I've been suffering from really bad stomach acid these past few days. It doesn't make me feel n* but it's very uncomfortable. I have some Zantac but like any new meds, I'm scared to take them. I've read that an overdose can cause n* and v* but it doesn't appear as a side effect at the normal dosage.

Has anyone heretaken them? Were you ok?

Thanks!

hey hun,

When my tummy started to get really bad with acid my mother advised me to take these, she has a tummy ulcer and is senstive to most medication, I also have a bad tummy as you know, but they did not bother me at all.

they do the job and do it will

Im on omeprozol for it at the moment but thats perscribed by my doc, but if it gets any worse then he would probably be the best person to go see!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks Violet, I think I'll take one. I've just been reading that the stronger dose tablets (150mg and 300mg) are given to women in labour to stop us chucking up the acid - eewww! Anyway, I remember taking them then and was fine. These are only 75mg too, and you can buy them from the corner shop these days, so I think I'm probably safe!

Cheers me dears!

Yea, the bigger dosage given out by doctors may cause problems, but the over the counter ones, there just fine

No probs and take care

I took them way back when and didn't have any problems. They didn't
    help me much either though, I am sorry to say. Prevacid worked better
    but that's by prescription.

Hope they do you good.

I actually miss taking Zantac! I haven't taken it since I;ve been pregnant, but I used to take it all the time. I would take it before i ate anything that might give me indigestion or heart burn (like Mexican food). I used to take the 75mg ones, but after they came out with the 150mg tablets I started taking those. I have never had a problem with either one and I am really tiny (95 pounds - when I'm not pregnant that is [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]). I can't even take full strength cold medicine without feeling like I took way too much, so if the 150mg aren't an overdose for me, I doubt they would have any effect on anyone else.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I appreicate it. Zantac 75 it is for me then! Will obviously keep you all informed should I have any undesirable side effects!Thanks!

I have this stuff and the only time it has worked for me is if I take it BEFORE eating (like an hour). I tried it right before eating and it only made me feel worse and taking it after eating doesn't do much for me either. It does not work if you are going to take it and not eat either - or at least it didn't for me.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

I took them, but they upset my stomach a little if I didn't eat first. Have a slice of toast or something before hand, and they'll be dandy.

I was diagnosed with acid reflux a couple of years ago and I was prescribed Ranitidines, but I was too scared to try a drug that I don't know from experience doesn't make me ill, so I never filled the prescription. Well, actually, the doctor didn't know for sure if I had acid reflux, so she just made an educated guess! Now that I know that emets have regular, sometimes daily stomach complaints, it explains a lot - I've been investigated for ulcers, tumours, whatever else could be in there, and all those tests turned up negative and it was assumed to be psychological. How right they were! But no, I don't know anything about Ranitidines. Sorry!

I have taken this med before and it doesn't really work for my reflux. It worked ONCE, but hasn't worked since. The only time it worked was when had I not had it, I probably would have been taken to the hospital because I would have passed out had I not gotten any food down. I have tried it a couple of times since and it hasn't worked.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

I take these ALL THE TIME!! They are a life saver for me.

I have horrible heartburn and reflux since having my gallbladder removed in May, and tried the zantac, and it didn't help a bit. I tried everything I could think of, including drinking baking soda water, gag. I finally tried tagamet, and lo and behold, no heartburn or acid for the whole day. And I can take it anytime and it'll do the trick. I love that stuff. I'm a big fan of coffee in the morning before food, soooo this stuff was good to me. Janna

Yes, Tagamet is my antacid of choice, too! I was prescribed the prescription form of it a few years ago (Cimetidine) and since then I have used the over the counter stuff as needed. I like it!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."