Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Do you guys get freaked (emet freaked) even over things that have nothing to do w/ emet? Example: I was a little lightheaded this morning and then just now (evening) I had thought about it, took a shower and had it a bit too hot I think and got a little lightheaded. I got a little panicky and I am having company this weekend so as I'm thinking and thinking I'm going into "God I hope I'm OK when company is here" but I was thinking stomach OK. Which is dumb cuz I'm actually really hungry right now and one had nothing to do w/ the other. I've noticed that tho, I will feel anxiety or even uneasiness, over tired, lightheaded etc, not even sick feeling but still get emet anxious. How dumb am I?
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I think a lot of us get that way. We get a cold, and think: 'will the sinus drainage make me n*?' Or we break a bone, and are more worried about v* from the pain than the actual broken bone.

yep. every illness or injury i sustain i focus in on v*. like ... my fever
    is really high, will that make me v*? my head hurts ... does that
    mean i'm going to v*? totally irrational sometimes. : ) it's never
    about the pain, always about the potential v*

Yes, I do that too all the time - just like Daffodil and Krebstar have said - If I get a sore head or get a cold - I always think - I'll be okay as long as I don't v*. When I had kindey stones, the pain was bad, but the most important thing was not to v*!Sometimes, when I am feeling really n* I think (or hope) that it is my heart or some other more serious condition that is making me feel ill and not an sv*.