Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: reiki

Any reiki practitioners here? I've been thinking of organizing some
    sort of mass reiki emet treatment. I can try it on my own but it's
    always best to be in full force![img]smileys/smilies_13.gif[/img]

Paulina

I have no idea what reiki is?

Well,

it's the Japanese practice of healing with touch, by channeling the energy of
    the universe. I am not an exceptional believer in the THEORY of why reiki works
    but I know it works so that's good enough for me. So there are reiki masters
    out there in the world who teach regular people how to do reiki and then those
    who pass the course can become reiki practitioners. I am a second level reiki practitioner
    (there are 3 levels, master is top) but I don't make my living that way. I just
    do it on friends and family and anyone who asks for it and myself when I feel
    sick. So when I was in Reiki School one of the things we learned was how to channel, as a group, the healing energy to someone or a group of someones
    who needs it who is not present in the room. There is a special procedure for
    that, and I've been thinking of doing it one of these days to send it to anyone
    on this forum who asks for it. I was just curious if there are other practitioners
    on here, then we could join forces and it would be better, I think.

Here is a link that explains it a bit better: http://www.reiki.org/FAQ/WhatIsReiki.html
    </span>
    Edited by: qpaulina42

I read the info from the link. Interesting. I have had reiki done on me during massage, but didn't know much about it. I think your idea for channeling energy to someone in need is a good one. I am a big believer in that. I'm going to see if there are any classes in my area. I look forward to chatting more on this topic!