Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: In addition to emet I also have...

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • IBS

43 28.86%
  • ulcer

3 2.01%
  • OCD

32 21.48%
  • PTSD

2 1.34%
  • ulcer/gastritis

9 6.04%
  • eating disorder (like anorexia)

6 4.03%
  • bipolar

5 3.36%
  • PAD (panic anxiety disorder)

36 24.16%
  • manic depression

6 4.03%
  • other

11 7.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: I also have...

choose as many as you like!

oops, ulcer twice... oh well. I'm not very good at these poll things. lets just say the second ulcer is just gastritis

Edited by: qpaulina42

OCD!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Yep, OCD here too! And depression.

I have quite a few on there..[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well my therapist said I have Social phobia, health anxiety (including constant body scanning) and I have panic anxiety - and i think its all b/of EMET. GRRR.

Oh and i have self-esteem and self-worth issues. ANYTHING ELSE? GEEZ.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

I don't know out of them all which feels worse, i mean ocd is really annoying and it takes over things, but bi-polar i guess feels the worst as its like one minute your completly calm and you just change all of a sudden and have a manic episode..i think there all hard to deal with in there own way
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

I'm an OCD-er!

<3 Anya-
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I've been diagnosed with acid reflux, borderline personality disorder and depression. I had a big problem with depression in my teens and was on various anti-depressants and have seen about 4 different psychologists and psychiatrists - it was a very, very dark time in my life and was nearly hospitalized a couple of times. The drugs really ruined my mind because I didn't need them - the depression was not due to a chemical imbalance but is a by-product of my BPD, something that can not be treated with drugs - something they didn't realize until I was already a complete zombie, hallucinating, suicidal, etc. There were days when my mom had tokeep me home fromschool because I was seeing posters slide off the walls in my room and I couldn't even form a complete sentence. I quit taking them for good when I was 17 and all the effects were reversed, except for the short-term memory loss, which still constantly affects me. The BPD has only gotten worse as I've gotten older and it's reallyhurting my relationships and just about everything elsein my life...but that's another story.

i also have a few on there...but my biggest is OCD as well Edited by: loveable101
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

manic depression

</span>PAD (panic anxiety disorder)

</span>ulcer/gastritis

</span>OCD

</span>IBS

And a few more that isnt there [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    </span>

A small touch of OCD- mostly relating to my fear of either burning my house/apartment down, or losing my wallet/keys. I will leave the building, and then walk back to check and make sure the elements or off, or I have unplugged my flat iron or curling iron. The worst part is that I checked it three or four times BEFORE leaving, so I logically know it is off, but my mind convinces me that it *may* be plugged in and I will set something on fire, and kill my cats/lose all my possessions. If I don't go back and check, my mind will stay on this right up until I head back home.

I am so anal about candles, that I generally don't light them anymore- two years ago I sent the manager of the store I worked at to my apartment (I dont drive, and it would have taken me too long on the bus) to make sure a candle I had lit the NIGHT BEFORE was off- even though I logically knew that I would have noticed it waslit in the morning, as it was right next to my bed. Uggh.

I will also check my purse 3-10+ times everytime I head out to make sure my wallet and keys are there- even though I know that if I had dropped them, I would notice or felt it.

It was worse when I was babysitting.....everytime I would put the kids down I would HAVE to chant in my head "please don't make them wake up and be sick, please don't make them wake up and be sick...."- even though when I put them to bed they were fine. I was somehow convinced that if I did this, I could somehow make this be true- yeah, like I had any influence.

*amber*

You know Amber, I do the same things about checking candles and things are unplugged. I just never really thought about that being OCD. In fact today I was ironig and I said to myself "I am unplugging the iron now" I checked it before I shut thebedroom door and I had to reopen the door one more time and check even though I knew for sure it was unplugged...Uggg...I guess I got a little OCD too.

Definately OCD but i also have IBS and PAD.. heh.. woohoo.. i think thay all maybe related some how [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

IBS for me...
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

It is really interesting to see how so many of these seem to be hand in hand and i wonder why that is. I have social anxiety, claustrophobia, fear of germs of any kind, emet, had OCD, Had anorexia (wasn't so much body image though as it was my emet) IBS, endometetriosis, ulcers. All in all I would LIKE to think I am a healthy person as in a dont tend to get colds and flu's easily and have perfect blood pressure and cholesterol etc etc.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

OCD, nervous stomach. My mother and I have almost the same stomach and she has gastritis, so we'll see.[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

IBS, OCD, anxiety, panic attacks, &amp; heart palpitations.

All of these &amp; the emetophobia are definitely related...it's just a question of which causes which. I've been anxious since I was a kid. The heart palpitations have almost completely stopped once I had an echocardiogram done &amp; found out nothign was wrong with my heart. The IBS has been minimal since I accepted it was related to anxiety &amp; stopped worrying about it. The panic attacks are a new thing...just started April '06. But my wife and I were both changing jobs, our incomes stopped, we were moving &amp; we couldn't find a house to buy after we sold ours. So the panic attacks made sense &amp; have since subsided. The OCD, once I admitted to my wife, friends &amp; family that I have had it for years, has been easier to control because I mentally force myself to not do rituals, counting, etc. I still have issues with OCD, but they are mild. The 2 constants are the anxiety &amp; the emetophobia. I have been on Zoloft for 3 months &amp; seeing a therapist for the same amount of time. Both seem to be helping to some degree but the emetophobia has not improved. My therapist attributes my physical symptoms of anxiety to the fact that emotionally I don't deal with things. Hence, the IBS, heart palpitations, panic attacks, etc. This is my body's way of saying something is wrong since I won't listen to my mind. It's interesting because I am an extremely logical person, which is why I think I can minimize the OCD issues on my own. But my therapist has also said that I have a very strong mind-body connection &amp; a very powerful imagination, so when my mind starts thinking crazy thoughts, they become very real very easily and it starts the anxiety. Because the logical part of your brain and the primal part of your brain are in different areas, it creates these problems. I am very in tune with the logical part of my brain, but I can't tap into the primal part (the emotional part), which is where all of these fears come from. In my next session, we are going to try hypnosis, which is designed to get at the part of the brain that neither the therapist, or myself for that matter, seem to be able to get to. It's locked up like a vault. We'll see what happens. Just thought I'd share what I've learned in case someone else finds it helpful!

Yep, was diagnosed with gastritis almost a year ago... fun, fun. I also have severe anxiety, and am taking Zoloft to try and help that, which is good at helping my stomach issues and stuff. So yeah... just thought I'd share.
    \"A life without love is no life at all.\"

Never a strong case for any of the others, buy I've wondered if I might be just below the diagnostic criteria on several. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

I have A LOT of the things on that list and a few things that AREN'T on that list.

OCD
    ULCER
    BIPOLAR
    MANIC DEPRESSION
    PAD
    OTHER

I'm just a walking ball of anxiety.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

IBS
    Stress
    Panic Attacks