Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I'm just curious to know whether anybody else on here as a funny bathing/showering or cleanliness routine/regime??

I take about 20-25 minutes in the shower every morning, and i'm not too sure why, lol. I don't know what takes me so long that other people seem to do in 5 minutes, but I do have a routine in the shower, and I always have to start with my left arm. I have to cover every single patch of skin with my body scrubber, and rub thoroughly, I also have to have a certain amount of shower gel on myself too.

I was in the shower the other day and thinking about this site and phobia etc (weird I know, but I do a lot of thinking in the shower..) and I suddenly thought: What is more hygienic? To wash your erm.. bum and girly bits first before your feet, or your feet before and those bits last?

Answers on a postcard you guys.... [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

Lol i would say feet first, then other bits last lol, but i have a same kind of routine thing, well its more with my neck, i have to wash that with a different body scrubber at the end, and i wash my neck for a few minutes just on its own..i have no idea why though..Edited by: xroofusx
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

LOL thats weird... maybe its in case there are germs on your body.. they can't travel up your neck to your face?? lol. NAH just takin the p*ss, its probably just a habitual thing we do..[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

lol, its not that it feels germy..i just need my neck washed really well lol, it is rather strange..[img]smileys/smilies_08.gif[/img]lol

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

I always wash from the top down. In my opinion, it is more hygenic to wash the naughty bits, then the legs and feet. I am pretty particular about my shower routine, too. Gotta love that OCD!

I always try to get out of the shower quickly. I get claustrophobic in there, lol. I always start with my face--special face wash. Then I use shampoo and conditioner. While the conditioner is in, I wash my body from the top to bottom. However, for some reason I always start with my left arm too. No particular reason, but I've always done it that way. More habit than OCD, I think. Then, I rinse conditioner and get the heck outta there! Usually ten minutes, tops. I shave my legs when I take a bath every other day. It's more relaxing because I can leave the shower curtain open. [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img] Now that's OCD!

I have a routine as well: start with shampoo, rinse, then conditioner, leave in and pin hair up while I shower rest if body. Then I wash my ***, and my ***, wash under nails twice and rinse hands well. Then I shave a few areas, wash my feet, up my legs, belly, left arm, right arm, chest, shoulders, neck, and back. Then I scrub my face twice. The OCD continues after my shower too: I get out, dry off, blow my nose, put my socks on, and wipe my back-end (very well) w/toilet paper because it's gross to dry it w/my towel (even though it's now clean). Then I wash my hands AGAIN, comb out my hair, and I'm done. Whew!! Seems longer than it really is. From start to finish is uaually about 10 minutes. Now that I read this and really think about it, I think I'm weird. Edited by: californiagirl
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Yea, I usually loose 20-25 mins in the bathroom, and I have no idea why either (but my mum always had long showers, and like her, I tend to do alot of thinking in there). But I usually wash my face first (sometimes special soap) then wash my hair, then put in the conditioner (the bottle says to leave it in for afew mins before rinsing), so it gets done first) then I actually start with my left arm, then right arm, and work down... I figure that by the time I get to my feet, so much soap would have washed over them from my body and the shampoo that they don't need much cleaning (but they still get a good scrub!) I suppose it is more habit than anything else,.

But it is wierd that alot of us here start with our left arms (I'm left handed, so I just figured that was why!)

I have a weird routine..

I start with my arms, and then my torso, back and legs. Then everything else that i missed, and then my feet last! Then shampoo and conditioner, and after that i stand under the water for a bit to make sure everything is washed off!

<3 Anya--Edited by: spilled_milk
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I get in and get out. I start at the top and work down, then hit the more sensitive parts - as far as washing of the body goes. I have long hair and have mastered washing and conditioning it fast. I use facewash in the shower too and shave when I must. I am usually in and out of the bathroom in 15-20 (undressing to shower to redressing). I can get completely ready for work, including ironing my clothes, and be out the door in less than 40 minutes.

I just get in, get clean, and get out. I RARELY take long showers and I hate taking baths. I don't like looking at my body.... eewww.... especially naked.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

i take 20 minute showers every single day and i don't know why it takes me so long! sometimes if i'm running late i'll be like, okay, we're gonna try 10 minutes today, and it never happens! i have to start with my arms, then my face, and then everything else i don't really have an order for, then i shampoo, rinse that out, put conditioner in, and exfoliate my face while the conditioner sets, and that's it! sounds short but it takes me forever. i can't even shave my legs in the shower because by the time i get to it the water is already getting cold lol, so i need to reserve time for that every other day. and i'm obsessed with moisturizing so that takes me another 10 minutes a day.
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

I take 10-20 minutes in the shower but it's mostly 15 because my mom starts yelling that I'm wasting water lol.. Anyway, I have a routine but the thing is, I don't know what it is. I don't know how to explain but I shower while not really thinking...I mean, when I'm showering, I always think. It's my thinking spot lol. So anyway, I'm not really paying attention to how I'm showering.. O.o. It's just that I shower without thinking about what I'm doing. It's like subconscious or something and I just move since it'sthe same way, everyday. I know I start with my top and move downwards but yea, I don't realize it. Lol. I like snap back to reality when I turn off the water. I don't know how to explain it.
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

We don't have a shower in our flat, just a bath, I miss my showers [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] I have a routine where I wash and condition my hair, then whilst the conditioner is in I wash my body, always start with my face and upper body then my legs and feet. Then shave my legs etc and last thing to get washed is my bum and other bits. Conditioner is rinsed off my hair then I'm done!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Well, I am the queen of baths. I only wash my hair 2-3x a week- any more than that and my hair gets really greasy and has no body. However, I need to bathe once a day, so I will put my hair up in a ponytail and bandanna and hit the bubble bath. I can soak in the bath with a good book for HOURS- until I start to prune and the water gets cold. I also try to shave regularly, although in the winter I will let the hair on my legs grow for weeks. I don't mind hairy legs (especially when it is cold out), but hair armpits annoy me.

When I do wash my hair, it depends if I left it go curly or I straightened it. If it is curly, then I have to condition it for about 5 minutes to even be able to get to my scalp to use shampoo because it is so curly. If it is straight, then I have to shampoo twice to make sure all the product is out. While the conditioner is in, I'll usually throw some body wash on and lather.

My shower/bath routine mostly revolves around my hair, lol. It may seem weird, but I also rarely brush my hair. I will when I am out of the shower to get rid of any major tangles, but other than that, I pretty much let it be. Even when I straighten, I dont really brush it, just run my fingers through.

*amber*

You have lovely curls Amber I can't believe you'd want to straighten them! I have poker-straight hair and hate it - I spend loads of time curling it with the tongues, then the first bit of wind or damp and my hair is straight again[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] Guess we're never quite happy with what we've got!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I am a weirdo because I hate showering and/or bathing, and I especially hate washing my hair. All of it is boring and time consuming to me, and to me, it is an obstacle to getting out of the house and to where I need to be.

I wish that my body and my hair were self cleaning or that I had magic powers and could snap my fingers or wiggle my nose like Samantha in Bewitched and bedone or um, be done with it.

LOL- tcsarah, thank you, other like my hair curly (especially the bf) but I really don't! Whereas you spend half your time curling your hair, I spend it straightening mine with my iron that is so hot if I touch my hair right after I straighten a section it will burn my flesh, lol. It actually takes less time to straighten my hair that it does to maintain it when it's curly- 3 hrs to dry, plus putting a bunch of product in it periodically....you're right, you're never happy with what you have. I'm sure if I had straight hair I would be curling it all the time!

I like my hair straight because I think it gives me a more versatile look- I like to experiment with different clothing styles, and I can do a lot more with my hair straight than curly. Right now I am loving these 50s/early 60s style sundresses, and with my straight hair I can give myself a hairstyle which fits the era a lot easier (thick hair bands, mini-beehive, fauxhawk)....other than massive afro, which would happen now that it's warm out; curly hair + humidity is NOT a good combo [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

*amber*

Oh I have bad OCD! My routine is terrible, 35 minutes. I have to do things in a certain order or else i don't feel clean. It takes me so long to get ready, I hope some day it goes away... any tips??????

Wow I actually forgot I posted this topic!

Its odd, but cool to see that we all have these funny shower/bathing routines..

I think I take so long because I rub every single bit of my body thoroughly with my body scrubber.. in an attempt to totally get rid of any lingeringdead/exfoliated skin cells. Eeugh. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

I also have to thoroughly wash my hair and head, and then the conditioner stays on for aaaagges while I'm washing my whole body. If I don't like how the ends of my hair feel after rinsing off the conditioner and soap off my body, then I will condition it again. I ALWAYS start at the top and go down.. ending with my right leg/foot. I am left handed so not sure why i always start with my left arm. Odd that.

I also ALWAYS rinse myself - probably so much that you can't even smell soap on my skin anymore! I rinse even more after bathing and shaving my legs etc..

Oh boy we are a bizarre bunch heh!