Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I am totally freaking out. My friend Amanda brought her little girl over, who is 12 mos. old, like Aidan, and is always sick and is allergic to everything. Well, they came over at 12:45 and we had a Bible study and her daughter and Aidan played together, shared snacks, etc. THEN SHE V'ed all over my couch!!! They went home and she has v'ed a few more times. I am so scared, I do not want my sweet, precious angels getting sick AGAIN!!!! Nothing has been going right for me lately, my husband lost his job, our car was wrecked (hubby hit a deer), we have no $, our gas was shut off, so we have no hot water, I just could go on and on and now this. I really think if my kids start v'ing, it will push me over the edge!!!

Poor you Donna. I am so sorry you are going through all this. I really hope it was not an sv and that your children stay well. I hope everything else starts to go better for you soon too.

Donna I am sorry that things are going so rough for you now. I know you've had to deal with v*ing kids so much in the past. I really hope little Adian is okay for your and his sakes.

I'm so sorry. It sounds like you are having such a rough time! Just think positive. I know how hard that is, but try. Let us know how you are doing tomorrow.

Whoa. It sounds like you are dealing with a lot right now. But as a fellow sister in Christ, I can assure you God will provide. He's gotten us through some serious financial troubles and we are finally comfortable again. But those "winter seasons" in life can stink!

Hopefully the sick baby is nothing more than allergies (drainage in the sensitive little one's stomach) or an ear infection. Hoping for the best!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Donna. so sorry things are tough for you right now. I understand completely how this incident can push you to your absolute limit - it's a horrible thing to happen. There's no gaurantee that your son will catch anything, and to be honest, there's nothing you can do if he does. Again, there is a control issue here, what we fear as much as the v* itself is the fact that we can't control the ifs and the whens.

I hope everything will be fine. Spend the day outdoors if you can, enjoy the sunshine, pray as much as you need to, but try and enjoy the day.

We'll all be thinking of you.

Oh Donna, that's awful ![img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]Mabey this little girl-since she has so many allergies could have some kind of food sensitivity that could of made her sick but of course your children would'nt be affected. I think sometimes in life, there are peaks and valleys you have to walk threw. Right now you are deep in the valley. But that means just over the horizon(which I know you can't see it right now but I assure ya it's there)The sun is shining brightly and you'll be allright once again. Probably even better than before.
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

Do you think maybe one of her allergies caused the v*? I hope that's all it is and not an sv.

How's your son feeling? How are you feeling??

Donna, my thoughts a prayers are with you and your family. I know its hard to see right now, but remember that God will carry you through this. Remeber the Footprints In The Sand poem? Keep us posted ...........

Donna, you are so strong! Don't forget to pray for strength. Like HDogg said, God will provide - the money, the means, the strength, whatever you need!!

I can sympathize with all that you are going through. Just keep in mind
    that somehow, God always brings balance. When we think that we are at
    our lowest, He will also somehow bring you to the highest. It seems hard
    to find comfort in that now, I'm sure, when you almost feel like you are
    drowning, but we are your life jackets and He has put us here to help
    you...

I wear a "Footprints in the Sand" ring, right along with my wedding band
    to remind me to trust in Him. He will bring you through this.

Julie

Thanks everyone. I really am on edge and all I can do is pray for a miracle. Haley touched something in the garbage that had throw up on it and didn't tell me until after she had eatenm a piece of candy. So if it was a SV, then is sure to get it, she touched the actual vomit and then ate. I am jsut convinved that this is yet another trial I am going to have to go through, at the Bible study, before Tatum threw up, we had just been saying that at least my kids had been healthy through all of this other crap. And now this. The only hope I am clingiung bto is that she started getting hives yesterday morning and was still getting them while she was v'ing. so I am hoping for an allergy!!!

Sorry things are still so worrying for you. I really hope the little girl just had allergies. My little niece seems to regularly v* for no real apparent reason. She has lots of food allergies and the slightest little thing can set her off. My daughter touched a towel which my son had v*d on back in February and she never caught it so hopefully Haley will be fine. I know the next couple of days will be worrying for you and I really hope everything goes alright.

Oh goodness Donna. You sure are having a rough time. Thing will start looking up for you...

How is everyone??

So far so good. My friend's daughter was fine all day yesterday and then last night v'ed again, then she had d* this morning. I will feel much calmer if we make it through tonight w/o anyone in my family getting sick. My friend thinks that her daughter has some sort of allergy because she has some weird hives as well as the v'ing.

Sounds like she should make a call to her daughter's pediatrician.

I am glad everything is good so far!

Donna...I am so sorry that this is happening to you. I'm sure you your kids will be fine..what state are you living in? I can't belive that this nasty sv* is still going around...it is summer for pete sake!!!

I was going to try to ease your mind bymentioning thatsv's are only contagious after the symptoms have begun, but then I read the candy in the garbage thing, so now that's out the window! If the baby has hives then hopefully the stomach problems are related to the allergies. There have been many times when my son had an obvious sv and no one else in the house caught it, including my 2 year-old daughter, so if it's not a strong virus maybe she'll be fine. Here's hoping!

Just wanted to let you know that it sounds to me like the baby could have v* from her allergies, like others have said. Also, when my older daughter caught the sv, she actually v* on my younger daughter, and she didn't catch it. I hope your family is staying healthy. You are in my thoughts.

Donna - I'm sorry you're going through this, and I'm not saying I'd react any differently than you are, but I find it really interesting that when we have so much negative stuff to focus on, all of our anxieties get directed to the nausea stuff. It's as if we can't face the bigger stuff. does that make sense?

I'm sooooo sorry you're going through such hell. Do you have anyone to ask for help in getting the gas turned back on?
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

Donna,

What's up? Are you feeling more at ease??

Yes, we are want to hear how things are going. Hope all is well!!!!

Donna...how are things going? How are you doing? I can only imagine what you are going through...I would be the same as you. Keep strong, you will pull through it.

Thinking of you, Donna, and hoping your family is healthy and doing well. Keep us updated on how you are doing.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Well, my family hasn't gotten sick. I took my kids to a children's fountain yesterday to run around and my friend brought her little girl and met us there (how could I tell her I didn't want her to go, her daughter had still v'ed twice the night before!) and then today she brought her &amp; her step kids who are visiting from Indiana over to my house to swim in our subdivision's pool. I really didn't want her around, but my friend took her to the dr. and her pediatrician said that it is an allergy, but I am not convinced, so now I am going to worry all over again. I hate this.

Oh Donna...I know how you are feeling. I am the same way...and I can't help but think the worst of everything. If it has been 4 days...and your family has nothing, I think you are safe. Let us know for sure how things are going! What state r u in again?

Oh, four days - you guyswould have had it and gotten better by now! You're in the clear, definitely.

I think we are safe!! We were supposed to go to the lake with them this weekend, but I chickened out since the baby is still having d* every morning. I am sure it is probably an allergy since nobody else has gotten sick, and they have had lots of family in, half brothers/sisters, cousins, grandparents, etc. But I didn't want to be around just in case the v'ing came back!!

did you get through with noone geting s?