Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Sorry for all the whining, guys, but I have been down with some sort of sv since late late Tuesday.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] It started wioth gas and bloating, careened into extreme n* by 4am-ish Wednesday morning, and it hasn't let up. I have no fever, but I am just constantly n*. A couple of my co-workers have been complaining of the same symptoms as well and one of my close friends had the same thing a few weeks ago, so I am pretty sure it's an sv.

It seems to follow a pattern: I get super n*, then I have a bm which relives the n* (no d*) and then I am left with a dullish n* feeling.

All I've been able to stomach has been mashed potatoes, Gatorade, water, and bananas, but about 1/2 after eating, I get really bad n* and sometimes heartburn.

I just want it to be done with.

Oh I'm sorry you feel bad, I don't really know what to say except I guess keep eating "safe" stuff until you feel no more nausea. I really hope you feel better soon and there are no more sv's for a while for you!! Ridiculous!

Thank you. I actually just ate an egg (no yolk) and a hashbrown thing from McD's. I am so hungry, but zero appetite, which I know sounds weird. My friend who had this a few weeks ago said she had to force herself to start eating because she was getting so weak. I am weak too and have had an awful headache for days, probably due to lack of food.

Anyway, that was about 1/2 hour ago that I ate that egg and I am feel ok-ish now. Who knows, maybe it;s finally winding down.

Just a thought, but I remember feeling like this while in college. I would
    be starving, but whenever I would put anything into my stomach, I would
    feel n* right away. When I went to the doctor, they put me on Zantac (it
    was prescription then) and said that they thought I might have an ulcer.
    After a while, I was great. Now that you can get Zantac and other ulcer
    type meds OTC, maybe you should try it. Maybe????

Just a thought.

And maybe everyone else around you has an ulcer, too!

Regardless of the cause...feel better soon!
    Julie

Are you sure it's an sv*?? It sounds more like some sort of other gastrointestinal disorder, don't know what though. I'd think that if it were an sv*, you'd at least have d*. Maybe you should see a dr. if this continues?
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Quote Originally Posted by californiagirl
    Are you sure it's an sv*?? It sounds more like some sort of other gastrointestinal disorder, don't know what though. I'd think that if it were an sv*, you'd at least have d*. Maybe you should see a dr. if this continues?</font>
    I am feeling slightly better now. I had some egg salad and some lox at my shul after services Saturday morning and that really helped. Maybe it was the salt that made me feel better.

I gues sit could be something other than an sv, but some people at work ahd the same symptoms. I don't think it's norovirus, but maybe some other type of sv?

I just figured out what everyone means by 'sv', I just joined like 10 minutes ago! Sv's are my worst nightmare, I will go to extraordinary lengths tokeep myself from getting them! I agree with everyone, it doesn't sound like an sv. You'd have a fever, wouldn't you? I could be wrong. But 4 days does sound like a long time to feel n*, if it's an sv. What I do know is that you're a heck of a lot braver than me to be still eating and drinking! Man, even if I think I've been exposed to an sv I can't bring myself to let anything in my mouth except for teensy little sips of water until I know I'mout of the woods!

How are you now?? Hope your feeling better. It does sound a long time to feel n* and have no d* or fever if it was a sv, i agree it dosn't sound like one. I think its best to try and eat something still, otherwise you may start feeling n* from being hungry, maybe stick to plain foods untill the n* goes, such as potato's, toast, banana's and things so keep your energy up. Hope your doing ok[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth -x-

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks, Ruth, I am feeling overall better. No more n* (fingers crossed, knocking on wood), but I still have a lot of bloating.

For me, I think 99% of my issues are anxiety related. I need neds. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Did you say shul? I love you for that.....where are you located in the US? I think I'm the only Jew in history who HATES lox.
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

one of my friends from school had something sounding like that. for
    about two weeks she had the stomach bug, but she never actuall v*,
    she was just n* alllllllllllll the time. and thought that she would v* but
    it never acutally happened. does that seem like what you have?

she went to the doctors and i think they gave her some meds and it
    went away.

FEEL BETTER

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My other half has just been feeling like you marieb73. A fortnight or so ago.My kids &amp; I all had n*, v* &amp; d* but he just had the extreme n* &amp; no appetite &amp; felt so bad.. I could have sworn he was faking it but the green colour he was going told me a different story.. He felt like this for 5 days!! You must have caught the tail end of a bug or something.. Glad you feel better now [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by e-lizabeth
    Did you say shul? I love you for that.....where are you located in the US? I think I'm the only Jew in history who HATES lox.
    Yes, that was shul.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Lox rule, but they also had pickled herring, which I won't touch even if it's the only food around.

No, I know I am the only Jew in the world that hates gefilte fish. Well, my bf doesn't like it either, but he is sephardic.

I'm in L.A.. Where are you?

I'm in Toronto. How can you hate gefilte fish? You just haven't had it the way my mother makes it. LOL
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

Quote Originally Posted by e-lizabeth
    I'm in Toronto. How can you hate gefilte fish? You just haven't had it the way my mother makes it. LOL
    That's what everyone says. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I think it's the jelly.