Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: purse phobia?

i don't know if anybody else does this, but i got the habit from my mom, who is not an emet. we refuse to put our purses on the kitchen table, or on any countertop surfaces that food might be prepared on! she always said that you're taking your purse everywhere, and you aren't always completely conscious of where you're setting it down so who knows what kinds of germs are getting all over it?i always thought that my mom was the only crazy person to think of that (which is soo strange for her because she doesn't usually get freaked out by germs), but my best friends mom does it too and so does my boss! is this weird?? i mean,i guess it makes sense, because sometimes when i'm out i'll sit my bag on a surface when i'm paying for something at the mall, and who knows what germs are getting all over it when i'm out at bars with my friends, but i've always been embarassed to tell people! atleast we can use hand sanitizer in public, and we shower off germs, wash our clothes, etc. but does anybody really wash their purses? i don't know. maybe i'm just strange! lol
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

I do that with everything!!! Not just my purse...counter surfaces in the kitchen are there for preparing food...not for storing things on lol!!

MY GOD - the other day my dad was polishing his shoes and he set one down on the counter...i went WILD lol!!!

But ive got a special cleaner called 'Bugs Away'which is strong enough to kills germs such as MRSA, but does not contain bleach (something else I hate being near my food) so there is no need to rinse.

But dont be embarrassed to tell people hun...i scream at people all the time to get their unclean stuff OFF my food!! I think to myself better to speak out than get sick!!

glad to know i'm not one of the only ones!!!!!! lol
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

That makes sense. I periodically wipe my purse down with antibacterial wipes, but still never set it down anywhere near food areas.

Woopsie... thats something i've never thought of really... but now that its been mentioned i'm going to be more aware of it and take more care!! I've seen that Bugs Away stuff at Superdrug.. been thinking of getting some for a while now.. but I've heard that exposure toa small amount ofbacteria is good as we strengthen our immune systems to those more common types and become resistant to them.. (yet saying that i used Flash with bleach in it for our counter and stove tops just this morning!!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!