Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Do you guys ever get panic attacks that start while you are sleeping? I think I had one the other night for the first time.... I was dreaming about something (can't remember what), and suddenly I started to panic, but it felt much different than my typical daytime panic attacks. The scariest part, was that it felt like someone was sitting on my chest... I felt physically inable to breathe. As I woke up, I was completely unable to consciously make myself inhale, as it felt like there was a huge weight on me. Eventually it passed, and I was able to go back to sleep. I found it odd, because I didn't have the nausea that usually goes along withmostpanic attacks.

<Zachary>
    <center><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\"><font size=\"2\">Bach gave us God\'s word,
    Mozart gave us God\'s laughter,
    Beethoven gave us God\'s fire,
    God gave us music that we may pray without words.
    </center></font></font>

my friend used to tell me about times wen she has "sleep paralysis". what happens, is what u hav described.

in a dream or smthing, if u think about, i dunno, a giraffe sitting on you (lol!) then all ur muscles can completly tense up and wen u wake up u physically cannot move, or in more scary cases, cannot breathe!

it sounds horrible horrible horrible .... dunno why its caused or nething lke that.. mayb u cud look it up?

Jen xxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think i had one a few nights ago actually...

whenever i wake up during that, i normally panic, but this time, i really thought i was gonna be sick..

i woke up at 2am, and then suddenly, i went all sweaty, and i started to shake.. then the more i panicked, the more sicki felt, so the more i panicked, But i started to take deep breaths, and that calmed me a little, and then i tried my hardest to get back to sleep, but i cudn't for ages, but i must have managed it... [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]butit was a scary thing!

and i told my mam, and she was really sympathetic.. which i was quite suprised about, i thought she would go.. awww u worry far too much [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img](which i do!)

But i don't tend to have panic attacks during the day.... i don't think, anyway [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

That sounds really horrible, I have a kinda panicky feeling sometimes wen i wake up becuz I cant get my bearings and I cant work out where I am... gosh im weird lol.

Rachel xxx
    <center><font size=\"2\"><font color=BLACK> If you\'re going through hell... keep on going... </font></font></center>