Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So I went with my friend to her sister's wedding, and her mother got completely drunk.

For the forty five minute ride home, she stopped to v* about five times.

I wanted to get out of the car and run.

I started crying and I'm still shaking and my teeth are chattering.

That was without a doubt the worst experience I've had since I last v*, which was eight years ago.

Comfort, please. It's too late to call any of my friends.

Okay,

What you need to know first of all is that it's over and you made it. You are not in any danger because of what you saw, you are not going to be hurt in anyway. I know you feel like crap and your anxiety is running very high, but it will come down, it can't stay high forever. I suggest you do something to distract yourself, read a book, watch t.v., write in a journa; or listen to music. Why don't you take a cool shower and try to relax.

You will be fine, just like every other time you have encountered v*. It's okay to feel scared.

Be strong!

happyteacher

Now you're in your comfortable, safe home. Get comfortable and do what will make you happy now.[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

It is scary, but it is over now, and you know it was from alcohol, and you can't catch it. Try to distract yourself by reading or watching tv. Do something nice for you.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Thank you, I feel a lot better after getting some sleep. ^^

Please don't feel bad! I actuallyDID run away from my mother when she was sick once. She had dental surgery and was taking Percocet for thepain.When we got in the carto go home, my momtold me she wasn'tfeeling well. She had a history of bad reactions to pain meds.I noticed she had a plastic grocery bag with her and I totally freaked out.I told my mom I couldn't drive her if she was going to get sick, so sheassured me she'd be fine.

Well...about half way home, my momtold me she was sorrybut she had to v****. Ijerked the steering wheel and crossed two lanes of traffic,then ran offthe road onto a side street. I threw the car into park, jumped out, and took off running down the street.

There my mom sat with the car door open,getting sick in her little plastic bag, all alone. I couldn't help her. I couldn't look at her. All I could do was run because I was so panic-stricken.

After about 20 minutes had passed, I assured myself that the horror must be over. So I walked back to the car and drove my mom home. She has forgiven me, but seven years later she still doesn't think my phobia is a real thing.

Hey

I know this wasn't posted today and it looks like you had lots of help from other people so thats good. But i just wanna say well done!! Well done for getting through it! I'd have been exactly the same, i'd have gotten out and ran away! Happened to me once when my boyfriend was *s after my prom and i just ran down the street as far away from him as i could. And that was only the once he was ill until we got home.

So, well done again

Katie