Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I just had hot dogs and baked beans for a late dinner and I am nervous because they tasted kind of funny. Not all of it, but about 4 or 5 bites out of the whole bowl (I cut up the hot dogs and put them in the beans). The rest of it tasted fine, but those few bites are making me nervous. I just kept eating anyway (stupid pregnancy cravings). WHat could have made some parts taste bad and not all of it when it was all mixed up? I keep remembering my mom telling me that hte last time she v* (from food poisoning) she ate eggs and she thought they tasted weird but she kept eating them anyway. I hope this doesn't give me food poisining! The hot dogs were frozen, the both came out of the package and straight into the boiling water. I boiled them for about a half an hour (lost track of time on the computer). The beans were in a can that said they were good until 2008, so I don't see how any of it could have been bad? Maybe part of one of the hot dogs was burned in the pot? But the first few bites that tasted funny were just beans, not hot dog. The last weird tasting bite was hot dog and that was when I decided to quit eating. Of course, it was almost gone by then. THe weird taste was spread out through the bowl too. I didn't get all of the "bad bites" in one spot or in a row. It would be like a few good ones, then a bad one, more good ones and another bad one, etc.

Help! I am just over analyzing this? Do you think this could make me sick? I am so nervous now . . . why didn't I just through it all away?!?!?!

Were the beans Pork N Beans? Did it have a sort of metal-type of taste?
    ~*~Charlene~*~

In my experience, being pregnant can make your taste buds do wierd things. I have thrown away many a meal when I was pregnant because it tasted wierd to me, but it was probably not necessary. Try to relax, it's probably the pregnancy.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

They were Pork N Beans. I'm not sure if it was metal or what - maybe that would describe it.

I would say it's just pregnancy too, but it wasn't the whole meal - just some intermitten bites. My stomach is already starting to feel bad which I know must be nerves because food poisoning doesn't usually hit that fast.

I had this weird feeling that I shouldn't eat this before I even cooked it. I thought it was because the last time I ate hot dogs this way MIGHT have been around the time I last had a sv. I kind of linked them together. I thought I was doing good in overcoming that fear, but now I am more scared that I was when I was thinking along those lines.

I really hope I don't get sick from this!

If you felt like you shouldn't have eaten them before you ate them, I'm almost 100% sure you "created" the icky taste, which I have done SO MANY times, and was always fine. OR, you tasted that metal-ish taste that I do when I eat the same thing you ate, and again, nothing happened to me. Believe me, you will be just fine.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I hope you are right californiagirl! I thought I created the tast to at first because it was the first taste I got, but when I tasted some normal and then back to the weird I started to worry. I am going to try and get some sleep now, so hopefully I won't wake up sick

Sillygirl, do you have any antiemets you can take? It might make you feel better. I'm sure you're fine, tho.

Well, it's the next morning and so far so good. I will feel better after a couple more hours pass though. I am hungry, so I guess that's a good sign.

daffodil - I don't have any antiemets and if I did, I'm not sure I could take them, being pregnant. I actually have never taken anything before, other than pepto. I got really addicted to pepto, to the point I would often take the max dose almost everyday. Since I've been pregnant, I have stopped taking it and I don't want to get hooked on something else.