Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I am emetophobic although doesn't seem near as bad as most. It doesn't bother me when an animal v_. I make sure I don't put my hands in my mouth unless they are clean. Seems like the only times I really worry about the flu is if I have been around someone with it. Otherwise my life usually carries on as normal besides a bad anxiety disorder. Ok to my question...I have dreams almost every night that someone v_. Sometimes more then one person but its seems like almost every night someone v_ in my dreams. Is this common for people who despise v_? Just curious. It really sucks! Who wants to dream of that?!

i have these too. mainly when i'm really stressed. usually it's merely
    that i've been infected by someone w/ a s*v* and am just waiting
    around for the symptoms to arise. i never v* myself in the dreams,
    and the sick person is never usually sick in front of me. i just know
    they've recently vomited and that i have been infected. terrible, but
    such a relief when i wake up.

I have the dreams when i'm stressed out or something bad has recently happened to me. Same with sleep walking/sleep talking. I think they're actually an emet version of a nightmare for me!! The most recent ones have been about my dad v*ing, or others v*ing, and i'm trapped there with him or if i do get out of the situtation there is no one else there to help.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Yeah it is rarely me v_, usually other people but they are so consistant. Grr..

I do dream of people v*. And I hate it...and it is always of someone that I know too..so then I panic that it is really gonna happen!

I don't have the dreams often, but I do have the dreams! It's usually someone else v* (usually a family member) and then I can't get away.. either we're out somewhere, and I can't just leave, or we are in my house.. and usually the person/people follow me around too :/ sorry you have the dreams so often! my emet sounds like yours, I only really worry about it if I've been exposed to someone who's been v*

Actually I have quite a few dreams where I V* myself. But it's less of V*ing and more of spitting out a bunch of liquid that's in my mouth. I guess it's been so long since I've actually V*ed that I don't remember what it feels like *Knock on wood* but I do have quite a few dreams where I'm trapped with a friend or family member who can't stop V*ing.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I never v* myself in dreams and actually people I know don't either, it's always strangers that are doing it in my dreams! I don't have these every night but quite regularly. I'm usually at a party where loads of people are so drunk they are v*ing everywhere and I am just trying to escape out of the building but everywhere I turn there is it. I always end up sobbing my heart out in my dream and then I wake up.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb