Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Emetophobia.

I was watching little britain with my mum earlier and someone v* on it, now to watch someone v* on tv or hear it dosn't really bother me, its just doing/feeling it myself or being with someone when there ill or v*. But i've relised my mum seems to be quite a fraid of v* to, i mean it dosn't take over her life or anything, but its like if someone v* on tv or she hears it she shuts her eyes and covers her eyes and shouts to turn it over and won't tuen it back on until she knows its gone for good, and also when she starts to feel a little sick, i can see her getting in a panic? but i understand knowone likes to v*, i spoke to my friend about it earlier who understands me i guess quite well, her dad never lets himself v*, he just somehow holds it back, she told me he had a sv in the winter and he wouldn't bring himself to v*, even though he needed to, as we were saying earlier, its a fear of the unknown aswell of it happening, also about anti-emetics, they must work, otherwise why would they give them?..your not just going to be given a drug that won't have any effect otherwise whats the point of it?..i think doctors don't like to give them to people as they think just v* and get it over and done with..sorry i don't know where this post is going, just thought..i'd share the thoughts lol

p.s - anyone in the uk also feel as if its getting hotter and hotter today? lol its like that really humid hot *jumps into cold water*[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh yes, anti-emetics work...when I was 14 I had a problem with popping them like candy whenever I felt even the slightest bit n*, it was just the fake n* that I always get and that I have right now as I'm typing, but it worked anyway. And made me very sleepy! I find that even antacids make my phantom stomach complaints go away - it's a placebo effect because antacids don't have anti-emetic properties, but if I tell my brain that it will work, it works!

When I have an sv I don't let myself v* either. It makes for much agony and suffering, let me tell you, but I just can't give in.