Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Those with IBS

This is going to be the grossest thing I've ever asked on here, but by now who's ashamed?!?!?

Lately I've been feeling somewhat constipated and I'm afraid I might have IBS. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]Also been noticing some mucus when I go.... YUCK. I know that's normal (I've consulted medical books, lol), but I'm trying to change my diet and drink MORE water (I've been lacking) and exercise to get everything moving again.

It just feels like I have to go often and it's only mucus. It's disgusting I'm not sure if I should go to the doctors or what!
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Not sure what it is.. this might help some

-If you are concerned about IBS, it is important to realize that normal bowel function varies from person to person. Normal bowel movements range from as many as three stools a day to as few as three a week. A normal movement is one that is formed but not hard, contains no blood, and is passed without cramps or pain.

People with IBS, on the other hand, usually have crampy abdominal pain with painful constipation or diarrhea. In some people, constipation and diarrhea alternate. Sometimes people with IBS pass mucus with their bowel movements. Bleeding, fever, weight loss, and persistent severe pain are not symptoms of IBS but may indicate other problems.

My IBS is MUCH better right now, but when I did have really bad attacks I would get a lot of mucus too. You are on the right track with drinkin gmore water and getting more exercise. Also, try and eat a lot of fiber. You can take fiber supplements, but I had a bad experience with them. I'm not sure if what I took was too much for my body size or what but I ended up with the opposite problem and it really was awful. If you find that you can't regulate it with water, diet and exercise, then I would suggest going to a doctor about it. I finally had to because it was so bad. THey may have some other options to help you out (medications and so forth). I hope you feel better soon!

Hi

I used to think i had/have IBS, there where a few things i did to help myself. I used to have an upset stomach alot and i marked it down, it usually happened around exams and also when i was about to have my period and then again on mid month(which i find still happens now) It's not as bad as it used to be. Here are my tips: Drink plenty of water, avoid alcohol at all costs!, avoid caffeine as that can make things worse, try and stick to the 5 a day fruit and veg (i find even 3 peices a day is enough to keep things at bay) excersise more, eat little more often rather than big meals and try not to chew chewing gum as it makes the tummy think there is going to be food and all the gases get flowing but have nothing to digest which causes the stomach to hurt. I have found these things help alot and i managed to keep stuff at bay.

Hope this is helpful to you and anyone else.

Hey .....AlwaysAmber is right....mucus is normal for ibs people...i have it all the time...and by the way, don't ever feel ashamed to ask anything about anything on here...we are all human, and we all have problems right, so don't feel ashamed. It's part of our life, and we have to deal with it the best we can. Have you been to the doc yet? As long as there is no blood in your stool, then you should be fine....just like Amber said, those things to watch for.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I haven't been to the doctor although she knows I did have some constipation awhile back.

It doesn't seem to be letting up, although I'm still making a conscious effort in trying to eat better, ect.

I just feel gassy all the time, my stomac feels a bit bloated. I feel like it could be related to stress because I've been under a tremendous amount lately.

I guess I'll just see what happens.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Hey

I just remembered what helped my bloatedness! Those yogurt drinks that have that good bacteria in them. I seriously find them amazing to help that! I have one every morning with my breakfast and it really seems to help. I can't say much about your toilet problems, but i can say that i had a few myself before i tried all the things that i'd listed previously. Though i suffered from D* more than the C*.

I hope my tips might come in useful,

If in doubt, go to the docs, even if it's just to clear your mind

Katie

Crazybeautiful....the one thing i have really found out with my ibs is that stress is the number one major factor in it.......it causes so much in your body, alot of things you don't even know about. You really need to take time for yourself and take care of yourself. I have finally started doing that after 15 years of raising 2 boys. It does make a diff. in how i feel. Life is so stressful but you really have to take the time out for yourself for a little pampering. Along with diet changes will help. I am not big on taking medicine really, but i do have 3 things i rely on and they are prilosec....xanax and Digestive Advantage...these are the 3 things that help me the most in this crazy life. Some days i feel like i will not be able to cope with all that life has to offer, but i just keep on going. I have been to a gastro and had all the tests done, so it's nothing serious, but the fact that ibs is so complex and has so many diff. symptoms, it's very overwhelming. But like i said, alittle TLC for yourself goes along way. I really hope that your life gets better soon and you can find some relief from all that stress....good luck to you.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

crazybeautiful, just wanted to say that you're not alone, and you don't have to worry! I've been going through the same thing over the past few weeks...must be the time of the year, with exams and essays due and whatever. I suffered from about 5 days of constipation (yup...with mucous...yuk!), so I gave in and tookone of those littlechocolate laxatives - and oh my god, it certainly worked, lol!! But, I wouldn't reccommend it - for the last2 weeks since then, I've had bloating, cramps, gas (lol)and d*. No fun. I don't know whether or not to blame that laxette, but I'm sure it didn't help. Go for the natural alternatives - prunes, apple juice, that sort of thing. And just try to stay relaxed. Take some time out every day to just chill. It will help you in the long run, really!

Hope things'get moving' and you feel better=] alot of itis mind over matter! If you do think it's IBS, don't let that frighten you. It's just a fancy term for a 'nervous stomach', really!
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

crazybeautiful,

It sounds like that is exactly what you have. Up unitl recently, I have had IBS only with diarrhea and only with the onset of stress. 8 weeks ago I had a miscarriage that has caused me all kinds of problems with my IBS. For the first time, I am suffering IBS with constipation and severe abdominal pain every day for the last 7 weeks. In the last week it has gotten a little better, so this is what I recommend you try ( I have tried everything and these seem to be the only ones that work!):

1. Avoid caffeine and carbonated drinks.

2. Avoid high fat and spicy foods.

3. Eat only whole grains.

4. Avoid refined sugars.

5. Drink lots of water.

6. Take Metamucil or another fibre supplement.

7. Take Acidulphilis (from the health food store) to regulate the bacteria in your digestive tract.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing!

happyteacher