Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please help me, I am in a total panic. For the first time in about 8-10 years out of the blue about 2 hours ago I got an sv*. So far I have v*d twice and had 2* twice and I feel so n* that I can't relax. I'm so scared that I'm not going to be able to stop or I'll be stuck on the toiltet with d* and v* at the same time. I'm shaking and pacing around and I can't relax.

My husband is downstairs taking take of my baby who is only 6 weeks old and I'm so scared he is going to get sick too. How do I calm down, rest, and relax I'm so scared this is going to last all night long and I am freaking out!!!!!!!!

Awwwww, I am so sorry you are having to go through this now, esp. with a new baby in the house. My thoughts and prayers are with you that this will be over with quickly and that the rest of your family remains well, esp. the baby.

If you are not nursing, or even if you are, I would call my doc. ASAP and see if there is anything he will prescribe you for the N* and V*

Please keep us posted when you can.

The more you get worked up the more you are going to feel your symptoms because you are so focused on them. Try to lay down and watch TV or a movie or something that you like. When I feel N* or have stomach cramps from D* I always lay down or curl up in a little ball, take deep breaths, and try to leave my body. I know a few meditative techniques that help.

First take a deep breath in through your nose, hold it ten seconds, and then let it out and hold for another ten seconds. Keep doing that and stare at the same spot on the wall. That should calm you down.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

oh I really hope you feel better soon aar13, and that you come out of this stronger!! I'm sure you will!

I threw up twice in the last 3 hours but it seems now that the d* is what I'm dealing with. If I have d* and have stopped v*ing does that mean that maybe the v* won't come back ??? Because I can handle just d*? I fell asleep for about 1/2 and hour but woke up again feeling n* and had to run to the bathroom with d*. UGH! I can't take this! I thought summer time meant sv* season was over but it's going around really bad in my area.

Thank you all for your kind words......I really hope this goes away soon!

I think someone has mentioned before that usually, if it's a virus, it will move down through your system, ie the n* and v* will usually come before the d*. So it's possible you're done with that part of it! Maybe check that thread that sage made with commonly asked questions, andit might give you some info about that. you seem so calm! awesome job!

Oh no,poor you. I am sorry you are feleing so bad. I hope you feel better very soon.

Hey there,

I am sorry you are having to go through an sv. Hang in there, it WILL pass. Usually when I've gotten an sv, the d* then the v*, then the v* goes away and I get d* for about another day and then I'm okay. Just d* is a good sign I think. Generally svs do not last that long, only a day or 2. Hang in there! You will get through this! What helps me when I am sick like that is telling myself that I'm okay, I'm not dying, people get svs all the time and live to tell the tale and I will too. It helps get though it easierEdited by: Galadriel

i hope your ok, i really do.
    sorry you have to go through this it seems never ending over in the USA!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I hope you're ok, it must be hard dealing with this as well as a new baby. I hope you get all the support you need. I'm sure you'll be feeling a little better by the time you read this, and I hope everyone else stays well. Remember if you make sure you wash your hands well before picking up the little one, you won't pass it on to him. And if you are still breastfeeding, don't be afraid to carry on, he won't catch anything that way

I hope you are feeling better soon. Make sure you sip on water so you don't dehydrate. I had gastric flu once and know how awful it is. The first twelve hours were a nightmare but after that the v*ing stopped altogether, so hopefully this will be the case for you.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I hope you are feeling better today, I have had a sv before and know how miserable it can be. Remember, all things will pass in time and you'll be feeling better.

Bless your heart with a new baby too....i sure hope by now you are feeling somewhat better. I hate that you are having to go through that. I myself have had something too for 2 days now and i thought last night was going to be the night for me to v also....i mean i really felt so bad i felt like i would die...like the flu or something...it happens every month so i don't know what it is other than hormones...anyway, i do hope you are feeling back to normal soon...K
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I am so so sorry you are going through this!! I hope you are feeling better. Are you breastfeeding?? I was breastfeeding my son and this past winter I had a SV, my daughter had one, my husband had 2, and my oither daughter had 3 or 4 and my son didn't catch ANY of them!!! Let us know. That is just the worst! I am so so sorry (again).

I hope you are feeling better this morning!!!!

I am so sorry you are having a tough time of it. Hopefully you are feeling better and it's just been a 24 hour bug, however if you are still feeling n* then i suggest a herbal pill called Ipecac, seriously, it's been a saviour for me, any time i feel n* or have had a bad v* time i take that pill and it really calms everything down. Also lying on your right side seems to help the digestive pathways so i also find that helps too. Lastly sip lots of water to keep hydrated and i find that helps the n* too. Let us all know when you're feeling better. Hope i have been helpful to you, if not to any others who are reading this.

Take care

Katie

Hey there, I hope you are feeling better today. I'm sorry you are sick. I'm sure the worst is over for you now. Let us know how you're doing.

I am really sorry you are not well. Hope you feel better very soon.
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

Thank you all for thinking of me! I made it through the night and it wasn't really that bad.....I mostly had d* after v* twice. My daughter stayed at her grandparent's house lastnight, but just came home a few minutes ago and v*d on my brand new couch that we just got yesterday!!!! UGH - this is truly my worst nightmare. My poor husband has been taking care of the baby but now I'm scared my hubby will end up with it too. I just hope that the baby doesn't get it. No, I'm not breastfeeding anymore, but I did hear that it's ok to when you have an sv*. Thanks all for your support. I'm still a bit weak and achy, but I've gotten up to wash all of the sheets and the upstairs bathroom and disinfect the house and also to take care of my daughter because now she has it too. I hope this goes away soon!

I am glad you are feeling much better now. I have been wondering how you were.You have handled it so well. I am really sorry to hear your little girl has it now. I hope it is over with quickly for her. I am sorry you are having to go through all this. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that it will all be over soon.

I'm so scared for my husband now and am dreading my daughter getting d* with this also......I am actually pretty calm considering that I usually freak out when she gets sick. Now I'm just scared that this is going to come back and I'll get it again in another few days. And I'm also scared that the baby will get it. I'm so exhausted and wish I could just sleep, but I feel bad for my husband and someone has to take care of Cahley too. Hopefully she doesn't get it to bad, she has v*d twice in about 2 hours now but normally when she gets it it's much worse like every 1/2 hour to hour.....mine wasn't too too bad, so maybe she will be as lucky. I'll keep you posted!

My daughter has thrown up about 6 or so times in a 4 1/2 hour period....she sure does handle it like a champ though. I must say that for me this wasn't as traumatic as usual, especially since I'm so scared of v* and I haven't done it in about 8 years or so. I hope that this sickness is gone soon. I found out where it came from . . . . we went to a picnic at my husband's aunt's house on Sunday and we just heard that my mother in law got sick on Monday night with v* and d* and then my husband's uncle also got sick around the same time as me lastnight. The doctor gave my MIL a shot for the v* yesterday and told her that it's going around pretty bad in the area. UGH!! This is summer time, it's supposed to go away damn it. Please keep us in your prayers that this is over soon and especially that my baby doesn't get it!!!

Glad the worst is over for you, Alissa. You are very strong. Please be well.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

I hope this is over for you soon and your little girl is soon better. It has been a tough couple of days for you and hopefully things will start to get better very quickly. I will be thinking of you and praying your little baby stays well. Well done for being so brave. You are stronger than you think. I hope the next couple of days pass quickly for you so that you can start to relax again.

When I had the SV a few weeks ago, it was actually easier for me to deal with things when my daughter got sick, cause I had already gotten over the worst. I didnt V*, but I think thats because I was taking Phenergan. My daughter felt bad for a few hours, v'd one time, and it was over for her. I had d* and stomach cramps for two days, the nausea didnt last too long, even when the Phenergan wore off. Hopefully your son will not get it, my oldest daughter and I were the only ones in our house to get it.

My daughter is still sick but trying to get rest in between, I feel so bad for her. Meanwhile, I'm disinfecting and doing laundry to get this nasty sv* out of the house......i still am weak and my stomach is quesy but I'm feeling much better. I hope that since it's been almost 6 hours for her that it's close to being over. I hope to relax soon, but it's still in the back of my head that it may come back. Does that happen often? My sister in law had it 2 weeks ago and then got it again 2 or 3 days later....UGH! That's all I need! I just wish it would go away so I can stop worrying!

wow! You've been through alot in the past few days. Viruses don't generally come back, but after an SV it takes a few days or weeks even to get your digestive tract working right again. You SIL probably thought she was over it, ate something she shouldn't have, and payed the price.

Stick to BLAND foods for the next 2 weeks - you know the BRAT diet.

you're doing everything else right. I Hope you feel better soon, you got through this like a real champ!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Thank you guys so much for all of your support! Being able to come here is trully a blessing and helps me get through this to have people to talk to. My husband has been very supportive too and he has done a great job taking care of the baby! My daughter seems to be getting better, it's been about 3 hours now since she last v*d and has had a few crackers and is able to sip Ginger Ale more. let's hope that this is over and everyone else in the house is fine.

Thank you all again so much for your support. I'm glad to have found people like me who understand how anxious and panicky I get when these things happen. I will keep you posted. Keep us in your prayers - I know I will.

I'm sorry to hear about the SV in your family. I hope everyone is feeling better soon. There is this over the counter tablet called airborne in case you havent heard of it before and you should have your husband take it. It has alot of vitamins and antioxidents to help prevent illness when your around it or the first sings of being ill. Worth a try. Your in our thought and prayers.

Nina

aar13, you are doing so awesome! you're very inspiring to me and I'm sure lots of others here too glad you are here and good luck with the cleaning! you're strong!