Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My son just v* about an hour ago. I'm so worked up. He has had a cold for a couple days. He is severely congested. Today started off with him complaining he had an earache. I was going to call the doctor but he said he was fine and that it didn't hurt anymore. This afternoon he took a long nap from about 4-7:30. I thought he was just exhausted because he was up since 5:30 this morning. After he woke up he was fine. Gave him a bath and fed him some cereal. He was playing with his cousin and everything. I then went to my moms tonight because his dad and I got into an argument. He was fine until we got to my mons house. She said h e felt warm and he complained he had a headache. I than gave him some Children's Motrin. He threw up about 15 mins. later. He was fine after that . I put him in the tub and than put him to bed. He is now sleeping. I'm freaking out. Why did he get sick? Does he have a sv? I'm thinking maybe it was just all his congestion and the motrin that didn't agree with him plus the headache he claimed he had? The v* (sorry iftmi) didn' even smell like v* It smelled like the motrin and had a lot of phglem in it. What does this sound like to everyone?Do you think maybe the motrin made him feel icky? When I gave it to him he made a disgusted face. Hence, I have given it to him before and he never got sick off of it. I'm soo scared. I'm not eating for a week. Do you think if he doesn't v* again by morning maybe it was indeed due to his cough and the medicine? Do you think if he makes it through the night v* free then he won't v* again tomorrow? He hasn't been to daycare in 5 days. I think if he would have caught something from there he would have already gotten sick. Plus, I don't think anyone there was sick. His dad did take him to Chuck 'E' Cheese the other day though. Ugh!!! I swear I'm staying away from food for atleast 5 days. I'm freaking out. I'm working myself up so much that I have used the toliet twice since he v*ed. Gosh, I hte this. I wish it were a week from now.
    Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus.- Colossians 3:17

Hey. When my daughter hasa cold she sometimes ends up v*. Last time she had a cold my husband made her take some tylenol and she v* right after taking it and then was fine after that. It might be a combo of cold and then the medicine gave him an icky tummy. Hang in there!

I hope your son is feeling better now and that you are alright. When my daughter gets very congested and has a fever then she often v*s, so hopefully it was just the cold that made him ill. It does not sound like a sv.

My daughter too is one of those kids who will v* with a cold, cough, fever etc. It sounds as if this the cause, especially as he only brought up phlegm- this is exactly what my daughter does. Also, if he has an ear infection, this can definitely cause a child to v*. Try not to worry, it doesn't sound like a svat all.

My oldest daughter had an ear infection once and v'ed ALL DAY LONG!!!! I would take him to the dr. Well done taking care of him and coping so well!! I hope he feels better soon!

I wouldn't worry about it. Ear infections can throw off your middle ear functions, which also happens during motion sickness, so that and not to mention the pain is probably what caused the v*ing. Is he on penicillin? I ask because my kids both experiece v* when they're first starting out on a course of penicillin - it's hard on their stomachs at first, but it goes away after about a day. I know it's that because it happens every time without fail - now I ask the doctor for antibiotics for them because I really, really don't want them v*, if I can avoid it I will! I hope he feels better soon!