Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Anime

Hello!

I hope no one minds me posting this since this is the OT forum, but this is especially OT.. xD Sorry, if it bothers people.. ^^ If it does, please move it and I apologize for the inconvenience..

Anyway..I know there are a few people at least that like Anime (Japanese Animation), so...I was wondering, if there are any fans out there that are going to any Anime Conventions this summer?

Ehehe...just meant to be a little harmless topic.. Anyway, I'll be attending Anime Expo 2006 in Anaheim, California because I want to see CLAMP (A major artist group of 4 from Japan, works include Cardcaptor Sakura, X, Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, xXxHolic, Angelic Layer...etc.) and Koge Donbo (Author of Di Gi Charat, Pita Ten, Kamichama Karin)! It's their first time in the United States and I'm excited. It's a small chance but is anyone else going? :]

If not, onto the topic of Anime/manga. What's your favorite and why? Hehe.

My favorite's Cardcaptor Sakura by CLAMP. I just love the art and the simplicity of the storyline. It's adorable. Cardcaptor Sakura is about a ten-year-old girl that stumbles upon a book in her basement. Upon hearing a noise, she opens it and "releases" the cards by accident. After they are gone, a little stuffed animal-like doll floats out of it, horrified at what had happened. He tells the girl, Sakura that it is now her job to recapture all the cards and seal them back into the book. The whole series is 70 episodes long and two movies but a lot goes on despite she's just capturing the cards. She meets many friends along the way. <3 ^^
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

The only anime I really got into was Sailor Moon- I used to be OBSESSED with that show, to the point that we ordered the second series in Japanese with english subtitles because they werent being dubbed and translated for english tv [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I even dressed up as Sailor Mars one Halloween!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My husband is pretty into anime. He likes a lot of the violent, disturbing stuff, which I can't stand, tho. I make him watch it in the other room. I like more mellow, cutesy stuff. I don't know if it counts, but my kids have My Neighbor Totoro, and I actually enjoy watching that one with them. Another one I like is the Initial D series. Oh ya, and the Robotech series. Do those really count as anime? Edited by: daffodil

Haha crimgoddess- i use to LOVE sailor moon ..pokemon too..i kinda wishsailor moonwas still on i remember when i was little we used to play this game at lunch and we were all sailor moon characters LOL...other then that im a huge disney fan and pretty much own every single one..if thats considered anime..but my boyfriend loves all those kinda japanese animatedcartoons
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

Wow cool anime topic! lol, anime is great. I don't really watch it, im more into drawing it, i got a lot of books on helping you to start drawing anime people and robots, but i don't think im very good at it lol, im more into pixel art at the moment, does anyone else like that?. Here's one of my robots lol.

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

=O Roofus, you draw so good!

Yay! There are anime fans here! ^^

Yea, Sailormoon used to be my favorite when I was little It was my first anime. I used to be so obsessed with it as well. I had the little dolls and my friend and I used to play with them after school everyday lol.

Yea, Initial D and Robotechare considered anime, although I haven't really watched them. I like anime geared towards girls more (romance and drama genres), but I do watch others like the Prince of Tennis. :]

My sister is WICKED into that stuff... I remember getting soooo POed at her b/c she recorded over a few of my tapes for those. My cousin is really into those cartoons also, and draws them really well..
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

I love Satoshi Kon, and who could dislike Mayazaki? An old favorite is </font>Leiji Matsumoto.

My favorite anime films:

1. Milennium Actress

2. Cowboy Beebop (Film)

3. Grave of the Fireflies

4. Tokyo Godfathers

5. Spirited Away</font>

6. Galaxy Express 999

7. Armitage III

I like them because they all take the art form to a new height...
    Satoshi Kon is my favorite just because of the way he approaches
    animation; he's got a very characterizable style, but it never becomes
    overbearing.

</font>

</font>
    Edited by: rapturerocks

Nobody mentioned Ranma 1/2! That's my absolute favorite! Basically it's about this boy that turns into a girl when you pour cold water on him. See he was in China training in the martial arts and he fell into one of the cursed springs. His father fell in another one of the cursed springs and now he's a panda when someone dumps cold water on him. It's really funny cause he can't actually talk as a panda so he holds up signs that say what he's thinking. One of the most memorable jokes (for me anyway) is where he's a panda and the phone is ringing and he picks it up and the person on the other end is like, "Hello? Hello?" and he holds up a sign pointing to the phone saying "Panda's Can't Talk" LoL!

I also used to like Tenchi, I loved Ryoko and Washu. Mihoshi was actually a parody/stereotype of Americans she was blond and stupid.

I liked Cowboy Bebop when it was playing here I used to watch it every night. I liked Fae and Ed. My favorite episode is where they eat the mushrooms and have all these hullucinations. Like Fae goes into the bathroom and she imagines herself swimming around...it's funny.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I don't really end up watching anime that's showed on TV xD. I like the subtitled versions of them.

Anyway... I just came back from the GREATEST anime conventionever. I did not get to stay the four days but one and half is enough. I can say that despite myfears, I traveled to California,just to see my favorite manga artists. The planeridewas 5 hours long going and then 5 hours back home. I was really uneasy because I was afraid someone was going toget sick but I can't believe that anime drove me to do something like that lol. Even at the convention center in Anaheim, the escalators were like LONG and stuff. Was so scary to go up but I did it just for them lol. *is insane* xD

But anyway, if anyone has ever heard of the manga artists, CLAMP, they made their fourthappearanceand for the first time, in theUnited States in Anaheim, California.

I can say that I, an insane CLAMP andanimefan, lined up 8 hoursprior to theirscheduled appearanceXD.'Was a good thing too because the lineended up being like about 2000 people while I was like 20-30th person in line. I got second row seating to see them talk and it was sooo good. &gt;&lt; I'venever had so much fun in my life.

After theirpanel, they did a rafflefor autographsand about 100 people were chosen.Wee~ Iwon! Sorry, I'm just excited and estatic..I've never won anything like this in my life andtheir autograph is like superhard to get. Teehee.

Sounds like you had a great time! I got the first episode of Cardcaptor Sakura on my Netflix queue, since you recommended it. It looks like something my kids might like, too.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Oh yes! Cardcaptor Sakura is pretty much kid-friendly. . It was one of my first animes and it is still my favorite! Cardcaptor Sakura was created by CLAMP and I'm so glad to have gotten an autograph. They don't come out of Japan much.

Anime is so great~

I love anime. Salor Moon, Naruto, and Ranma 1/2 are some of my faves. I unfortunatley don't get to go to any conventions this summer. But hey, maybe next year.
    Sora: Riku, you\'ve been hanging out in the darkness too long. You gotta try to think positive.
    Kingdom hearts II

sailor moon is my fav!!! i actually was sailor venus for halloween about 6 yrs ago...we had a whole group of people, all the sailors, chibi etc!! it was a blast!!
    &hearts;LIDIA&hearsts;

I just saw an anime called Pet Shop of Horrors. Has anyone seen that? I really enjoyed it. I also love anything done by Miazaki. I know I really misspelled his name. I am so sorry. But you know who I mean. Porco Rosso, Totoro and such!

For one Halloween back in highschool I was Mistress 9 from Sailor Moon, of course only ONE other person knew who that was...LoL! But people already thought I was crazy in highschool so I didn't really give a flying rat's butt if they thought I was weird. I LOVED Sailor Moon dubbed in english cause I had seen most of the episodes in Japanese anyway, but I think it's funny how they change so many things and make it more of a kid's show in English. Yeah it can get annoying but whatever. The only Ranma 1/2 that I've seen was in Japanese with subtitles and I honestly prefer it that way.

Speaking of Japanese Anime, is anyone here into Japanese Horror? Like Ringu, Ju-on, Kairo, and Uzumaki to name a few? Sorry to hijack the thread Wing![img]smileys/smilies_18.gif[/img]

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Ya, I love Japanese horror! Did you see 2 sisters? Or The Eye series? Good stuff, and way scary. Oh, oh.. Did you see that one with the spirals? I cant remember what it was called.